Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Briere don't have much left in the tank, but it's just one year so it's not the end of the world.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 30s

MTL acquires P.A Parenteau from COL. I believe Daniel Briere is headed to COL in return.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
MTL acquires P.A Parenteau from COL. I believe Daniel Briere is headed to COL in return.

Pretty bad trade, but I guess it sheds $4M in salary the year after this.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I'm indifferent. It's a salary that comes off the books one year sooner.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
PAP > Briere but it was clear that Roy wanted to get rid of him so there's that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't know. All I do know if I can't really think of the last time a pure goalie prospect was traded alone.

Doesn't happen too often. Usually they're included in bigger trades.

Still, the Jets traded Edward Pasquale and a 6th (159) to the Caps this year for their 6th (144) their 7th (192) and a 6th in 2015.

Seems like the Avs could have made a deal like that, if they don't have Pickard in their plans.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For those of you who thought PAP had any kind of value whatsoever, he just got traded along with a 5th pick for a 36 year old player who wasn't going to crack the MTL lineup.

So yeah, he didn't have ANY value.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy confuses me sometimes. Brings up the fact many times that the Avs need to get bigger up front and on the blueline.

But then he places a high priority on drafting size to bring in guys that at best will help the team 3-4 years down the road. Then trades for Danny Briere, and has plans to re-sign Benoit. :huh:

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Roy confuses me sometimes. Brings up the fact many times that the Avs need to get bigger up front and on the blueline.

But then he places a high priority on drafting size to bring in guys that at best will help the team 3-4 years down the road. Then trades for Danny Briere, and has plans to re-sign Benoit. :huh:

I don't think this is finished yet. Avs might buy him out.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
For those of you who thought PAP had any kind of value whatsoever, he just got traded along with a 5th pick for a 36 year old player who wasn't going to crack the MTL lineup.

So yeah, he didn't have ANY value.

Its amazing how far off we all think the value for these guys actually is.
But I like it. Both players were under utilized by their coaches.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Its amazing how far off we all think the value for these guys actually is.
But I like it. Both players were under utilized by their coaches.

I have to imagine it is only due to the cap situation around the league. PAP is a good player, I expect Montreal fans to call it a steal in relatively short order when he and Galchenyuk are lighting it up together.

Would have been nice if we at least swapped Gorges for PAP given rumors of Gorges' value. Losing a 5th may not be significant, but I hate just giving picks away for no reason.

Soooo... what other French-Canadian players with past clutch performances/playoff experience are there in the league? We need to put them on notice they may be acquired in the next year.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I have to imagine it is only due to the cap situation around the league. PAP is a good player, I expect Montreal fans to call it a steal in relatively short order when he and Galchenyuk are lighting it up together.

Would have been nice if we at least swapped Gorges for PAP given rumors of Gorges' value. Losing a 5th may not be significant, but I hate just giving picks away for no reason.

Soooo... what other French-Canadian players with past clutch performances/playoff experience are there in the league? We need to put them on notice they may be acquired in the next year.

I agree, its why guys like Gagner got dealt for a pick when most on these boards had him getting traded for a Yandle or Martinez or a 1st
I hate trade proposals with a passion now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad