Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Josh Gorges would be a great fit next to Barrie.

Hejda - Johnson
Holden - Stralman*
Gorges* - Barrie

Guenin/Wilson

That being said, the Avalanche need to be sending big salary back the other way given that Gorges has 4 x 3.9 left on his contract.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
For having the worst defenseman group in the NHL for a number of years, people sure are picky up which defenseman we upgrade with.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 14m
#Habs Gorges to me now: "I want people to know that I never wanted to leave Montreal. In no way has this been my decision."

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumontJDM 11m
#Habs: "I have never asked for a trade, this is the call of Marc Bergevin. I am in shock" - Josh Gorges to the Journal de Montréal.

Sounds like that got ugly quick. Bet he gets traded very soon.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
For having the worst defenseman group in the NHL for a number of years, people sure are picky up which defenseman we upgrade with.

Sounds like pretty much every team except Toronto is picky when it comes to Gorges.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

There's a reason why some of these defensemen are available. Avs not doing themselves a favour if they lock themselves in at 4 to 7yrs for a small upgrade.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
There's a reason why some of these defensemen are available. Avs not doing themselves a favour if they lock themselves in at 4 to 7yrs for a small upgrade.

Na but it's been the same case for 30-40 names the last couple of years.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Na but it's been the same case for 30-40 names the last couple of years.

Half the posts in this tread about Gorges are posters being ok with adding him if they don't find anything tomorrow (Ehrhoff and so on). I don't see what's unreasonable with that stance.

Are you suggesting Avs should trade for Gorges today and have him be our defense upgrade for the year?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
From the wording it sounds like it could already be a done deal.

Montreal has been trying to convince him to waive to go to Toronto, so at least they have one done deal they can't complete because the player has a limited NTC.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Half the posts in this tread about Gorges are posters being ok with adding him if they don't find anything tomorrow (Ehrhoff and so on). I don't see what's unreasonable with that stance.

Are you suggesting Avs should trade for Gorges today and have him be our defense upgrade for the year?

I'd guess by the end of the day, most teams know where they stand with their UFA targets and any deals done today are based on what they expect will happen. Now it isn't 100%, but if the Avs know they are out of the running for everybody they would want, they could make the deal today knowing that.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I'd be mildy okay with Gorges with the idea that he takes Hejda's spot once Hejda's contract is up.

Bigras - EJ
Gorges - Barrie
Siemens - Elliott

in say 4 years, but by then Gorges should be gonzos, so.... I don't know.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Josh Gorges is not better than Jan Hejda. Nope, sorry.

But he would be an adaquate addition to the Top-4, would he not?

Yes Georges have his place on our top 4 , but i'm going along TPS line a little bit . Georges slowed down the last few seasons , he's not the same player that he once was . I believe the expectations are still too high when it's about him. But then again, when it's about a trade everything depend on what you give in return.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 4s
#Habs Gorges has expanded his 15-team list of teams to which he'd go. A couple in Canada have been added; he's not specifying which teams

Sounds like that it's a 100% certainty he will be traded in short order.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

There needs to be a like button added to this site.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'd guess by the end of the day, most teams know where they stand with their UFA targets and any deals done today are based on what they expect will happen. Now it isn't 100%, but if the Avs know they are out of the running for everybody they would want, they could make the deal today knowing that.

I think most agents shorten the list to three-four teams today. I would hope Avs are on at least a few of them or this team isn't as attractive as we thought.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Any word if the Avs have qualified all their RFAs (today's the deadline)?

Obviously O'Reilly and Barrie are/will be tendered, and Olver probably won't be (KHL), but what about the other RFAs are: Elliott, Hishon, Carey, Patterson, Millan and Stollery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad