Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Yes Georges have his place on our top 4 , but i'm going along TPS line a little bit . Georges slowed down the last few seasons , he's not the same player that he once was . I believe the expectations are still too high when it's about him. But then again, when it's about a trade everything depend on what you give in return.

I agree with this but Gorges is not super old either (29), he can still perform a role and upgrade this defense at an "ok" cap hit especially if he keeps his game simple.

Hejda-Johnson
Gorges-Barrie

Seems pretty solid to me and I agree he'd do a job next to Barrie.

If we are going to splash free agent cash on defense, I would say please, please let it be on Ehrhoff and not Niskanen. I know Ehrhoff is getting older but I trust what we are getting with him far more than I would with Niskanen.

Hejda-Johnson
Ehrhoff-Holden
Gorges-Barrie

We can do some damage with that - frankly if we could resign O'Reilly, trade PAP and Wilson and let Stastny walk...I feel like we could make that work. Of course Ehrhoff is now a HUGE prize out there and the bidding may get crazy just like I know it will for Niskanen. And if that happens...I'd rather take things slow than make a salary commitment we may regret in a year or two.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Any word if the Avs have qualified all their RFAs (today's the deadline)?

Obviously O'Reilly and Barrie are/will be tendered, and Olver probably won't be (KHL), but what about the other RFAs are: Elliott, Hishon, Carey, Patterson, Millan and Stollery?

Elliot and Hishon got a QO a week or so ago. Others I doubt.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Obviously O'Reilly and Barrie are/will be tendered, and Olver probably won't be (KHL), but what about the other RFAs are: Elliott, Hishon, Carey, Patterson, Millan and Stollery?

There's only one man that can answer that question. And that man.........is stuck in an elevator.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Elliott and Hishon have. We know that. The rest we won't know until Dater actually decide to do his job. The deadline is 2pm MST today.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There has to be some sort of goalie purge at the farm team levels with Avs having so many of them and having added a free agent goalie.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Montreal seems desperate to get rid of Gorges. If they retain 1M in salary or take back a smaller contract (Wilson), I have a hard time believing they can't find a deal.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I agree with this but Gorges is not super old either (29), he can still perform a role and upgrade this defense at an "ok" cap hit especially if he keeps his game simple.

Hejda-Johnson
Gorges-Barrie

Seems pretty solid to me and I agree he'd do a job next to Barrie.

If we are going to splash free agent cash on defense, I would say please, please let it be on Ehrhoff and not Niskanen. I know Ehrhoff is getting older but I trust what we are getting with him far more than I would with Niskanen.

Hejda-Johnson
Ehrhoff-Holden
Gorges-Barrie

We can do some damage with that - frankly if we could resign O'Reilly, trade PAP and Wilson and let Stastny walk...I feel like we could make that work. Of course Ehrhoff is now a HUGE prize out there and the bidding may get crazy just like I know it will for Niskanen. And if that happens...I'd rather take things slow than make a salary commitment we may regret in a year or two.

There would be no need to get Gorges if we somehow, magically, acquired Ehrhoff.

No point in paying a 3rd pairing guy 4M (im not saying gorges is a 3rd pairing guy, just using your lineup) when you can find guys who do what gorges does for much cheaper.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
There would be no need to get Gorges if we somehow, magically, acquired Ehrhoff.

No point in paying a 3rd pairing guy 4M (im not saying gorges is a 3rd pairing guy, just using your lineup) when you can find guys who do what gorges does for much cheaper.

Not to be too argumentative, but who?

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

I thought I remember reading Barrie, Elliott and Hishon were tendered. Not sure about the others.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There has to be some sort of goalie purge at the farm team levels with Avs having so many of them and having added a free agent goalie.

Really surprised they couldn't find a market or didn't try to find one for Pickard at the draft.

Roy clearly said they want to lean on one guy in Cleveland, and have an older vet mentor the other. They brought in Berra for the big team, and Roman Will presumably for Cleveland.

Maybe the plan is to not qualify Patterson and Millian and send Pickard to the Cutthroats?

:huh:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Also hate to be the guy who argues semantics, but O'Reilly didn't get a QO.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Not to be too argumentative, but who?

Im using Foppa's scenario. If youre looking at Gorges to be a 3rd pairing guy, hes being given sheltered minutes and playing penalty kill. There are several depth dmen that can play in those roles, while not costing 4 million.

http://capgeek.com/ufa-finder/?stats_type=standard&position_id=D

Look at this list. There are plenty of 3rd pairing dmen who can play pk. Because thats what Gorges would be doing. (In Foppa's scenario of course)

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Really surprised they couldn't find a market or didn't try to find one for Pickard at the draft.

Roy clearly said they want to lean on one guy in Cleveland, and have an older vet mentor the other. They brought in Berra for the big team, and Roman Will presumably for Cleveland.

alone, goaltender prospects tend to have little value, especially guys like Pickard who are viewed as average prospects. I expect someone will get traded, but it will be part of a larger trade (could be added to PA if/when that happens, for example)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
alone, goaltender prospects tend to have little value, especially guys like Pickard who are viewed as average prospects. I expect someone will get traded, but it will be part of a larger trade (could be added to PA if/when that happens, for example)

Definitely, but when teams still draft goalies late in the draft, you'd think they'd rather just trade one of those mid to late round picks for a goalie like Pickard who was taken in the 2nd and is a little further in development.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Definitely, but when teams stil draft goalies late in the draft, you'd think they'd rather just trade one of those mid to late round picks for a goalie like Pickard who was taken in the 2nd and is a little further in development.

I don't know. All I do know if I can't really think of the last time a pure goalie prospect was traded alone.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 10s
Briere traded…more

Eklund is breaking something?

Shedding Brieres salary instead of Gorges?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Maybe the plan is to not qualify Patterson and Millian and send Pickard to the Cutthroats?

My theory is Aitto, Pickard and Will compete in camp, loser goes to the Cutthroats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad