• Yes

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
One thing I hope Conroy takes away from this year is the importance of minimizing the outside noise. His predecessor's regime was also full of leaks and hearsay and constant locker room drama and I think it suffered for it. Tighten it up. The media are not your friends. If they are made to know something make sure there's a reason they know it. Giving out free information weakens your bargaining position.

Nobody outside those directly involved should know Markstrom was traded in theory. Nobody outside those directly involved should know Hanifin has a very small list of places he wants to go. It might not make a big difference in the return in the end but it likely does make one. Lou may be an antique fossilized curmudgeon but that's one thing I think he's always been right on. Keep a lid on it, especially with how fast information travels these days.

Reactions: Mitts and Mobiandi

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
So far, so good. Sharangovich is trending up in a major way and Toffoli is downhill from here. Even if they have similar statlines, in 2-3 years it'll feel like we fleeced NJ

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Winter of Craig

Toffoli? Check
Backlund? Check
Zadorov? Check
Lindholm? Check
Tanev? Check
Hanifin?
Check

Conroy certainly was a lot more active and made a bigger impact than his former boss and mentor.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Praise scorch we don’t have Brad Treliving anymore.

Brad Treliving gives up 5 picks (two 3rds, a 5th and two 6ths) for Lyubushkin, Edmundsun and Cade Webber. Classic Treliving deadline. Gets a bunch of borderline 3rd pair guys that aren’t any better than players like Topi Niemala.

I actually like the Dewar trade for a 4th.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Check

Conroy certainly was a lot more active and made a bigger impact than his former boss and mentor.
Probably also helps he doesn't have a coach trying to heavily influence moves and drafting.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I think Connie's done a pretty damn good job, didn't let our stars walk like Tre did and restocked the shelves with draft picks and prospects. I was not happy with the Hanafin trade like most of us, but hindsight is 20/20, I think most of us had higher expectations than we should have, Hanafin really left Connie with his hands tied. Connie also needs to be cut a little slack as he is fresh into this new position, experience will be invaluable for him. That unprotected first rounder in 2026 that we acquired could be huge for us. Love the youth he's infused into the lineup and the team is hungry.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
50/50 at this point
-He did what he had to do with the UFAs , the market was not favorable
—Sharangovich was a good gamble
- Not trading Markstrom was Treliving level stupidity but is it him or the owner?
-His first pick was a f***ing disaster. Seriously under point per game in junior? Another Adam Ruzicka in the making
-Russian gambles are TBD

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Khrox

May 31, 2018
- Not trading Markstrom was Treliving level stupidity but is it him or the owner?
I mean, it's confirmed the POHO (Don Maloney) shut the trade down. Given that he acts as the liason between the GM and the owners, it's safe to say the owners were the one who nixed the Marky trade

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
It is really annoying that we didn't trade Markstrom when his value was at its highest. However, that falls on Murray Edwards from what I saw.

Otherwise, he's been great. A bit lucky that Lindholm declined our offer, but all the trades were at minimum fair value.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I mean, it's confirmed the POHO (Don Maloney) shut the trade down. Given that he acts as the liason between the GM and the owners, it's safe to say the owners were the one who nixed the Marky trade
No it wasn't confirmed and it will never be, rumor mongers can't "confirm" anything.

If you want to choose to believe Seravalli you can. But as annoying and as big of an asshole as he is, Francis is more in touch with the Flames than any so called insider and he's saying no deal was ever close and we felt we were getting lowballed.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I still haven't answered the poll...I've always been a fan of Conroy - who couldn't?
But I need to see how this draft goes and what kind of stamp he wants to put on the future identity of this team before I say "I trust"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Same Eric Francis that confidently claimed Noah Hanifin would be signing an extension "within the week" back in January?

He's not that connected. Anything he's "right" on he's been given the info from Hanlon.
I still trust what he says more than Dreger and Seravalli. But it has always been suspect to me that ownership supposedly pulled the plug, but then Fitz came back again afterwards and then we supposedly kept talking to them right up to deadline day. If he knew ownership wasn't willing, why would he come back? It's not leek we were shitting the bed between his inquiries.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Grush & a 2nd is probably a better deal than a capdump & a 1st. I think we'll still get that capdump & a 1st in the offseason - we do have a ton of capspace.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Replacing Tanev, a consummate pro and beloved Flame, with an absolute loser in RyJo wouldn’t have been received well by the locker room.

It’s one of those where the NHL could follow the NBA and allow for midseason buyouts

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Lebrun saying we were offered a first and Johansen for Tanev.

Better hope this Grushnikov kid is something.

2nd and Grushnivok are both assets, Johansen is this year + next at $4 mil is a cap dump.

If we're trading for RyJo + 1st, it should be for a 6th rounder not trading the 2nd best d-man on the market trying to get value back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad