Ilya Kovalchuk In Russia For Lockout: Coming (back) To America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
It was funny when he got angry over the PP being booed. Well, if you didn't miss 300 straight stuff plays on it maybe the fans would have something to cheer for.

What ticked me off about Langs towards the end was after the Kovy scratch game when we lost against Buffalo 6-1 (which I actually stayed for the entire debacle) was him complaining not about the Devils play, not about his own play, but about Moose getting booed during that game which was his first start

You fall to a 2-6 record as a team that you're a captain of, you're struggling on the ice personally, and you're concerned about when the fans should/shouldn't be booing after a 6-1 blow out

apice3*

Yeah I'm not mad about the comments. I think he's just a baby.

Everyone talks about the Ranger and Flyer fans "invading" the Rock. The way I see it, if you have fan bases as big as the Rangers and they're given the opportunity for cheaper tickets and cheaper travel costs, OF COURSE they're gonna come to our building. In much the opposite way, why is a Devil fan going to pay excess prices to travel and overpay face value to sit in an away building? It's just stupid. Devil fans have 41 opportunities to pay reasonable prices to watch games. Ranger fans have 3 opportunities to pay reasonable prices. That's why we get "invaded." Devil fans are able to spread out their ticket spending whereas Ranger fans options are condensed.

That's why I laugh at the idiot Ranger fans who yap about our attendance, but only go see the Rangers when they're in NJ.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
when did kovy say anything negative about the devils? also when did he say he was only returning because of a contractual agreement? melrose and weekes are goin on about it on the nhl network? did i miss something?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I try and "educate", for the little value that it's worth.

I don't think many people realize how much work it takes to break through the major sports market juggernauts that are NY and Philly... especially when they both had a running start on the state.

It's not like there aren't (now) 3 other sports where residents are used to cheering for a NY or Philly logo.

And when that fails, I just have to laugh at some of the Ranger fans that I know that can repeat our attendance record but struggle to remember where both teams are in the standings.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
when did kovy say anything negative about the devils? also when did he say he was only returning because of a contractual agreement? melrose and weekes are goin on about it on the nhl network? did i miss something?

He didn't. Media blew his quotes way out of proportion.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

Mountains/molehills.

Kovy had nothing, and I mean nothing, negative to say about the Devils.

His comments about wishing to close out his season with SKA but needing to return to NJ were way, way, way overblown.

He was just being a respectful captain to his team/fans.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

He didn't, but he did say he was contractually obligated to play for the Devils. He was just paying respect to his fans over there. Kovy is one of the most fan friendly guys we have. I'm not surprised he is that way in his own country. Melrose is just another POS member of the anti-Devils mainstream hockey media.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was funny when he got angry over the PP being booed. Well, if you didn't miss 300 straight stuff plays on it maybe the fans would have something to cheer for.

LOL What a ****in joke that was. I think the game he complained about was after that game in 2010 where we lost at home to St Louis 1-0. We had a bazillion PP opportunities, and a double major, but got shutout by Ty Conklin I think it was. That stuff play annoyed the **** out me.

I was at the only game last year that Parise actually scored on the stuff play. It was in Tampa Bay last December. It was also against Dwayne Roloson (Big surprise) and it promptly got him pulled from the game. Not sure if that was on the PP though. I don't think it was.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Ya, that play hadn't worked since 2008-2009, but it didn't stop him from trying it every time.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
LOL What a ****in joke that was. I think the game he complained about was after that game in 2010 where we lost at home to St Louis 1-0. We had a bazillion PP opportunities, and a double major, but got shutout by Ty Conklin I think it was. That stuff play annoyed the **** out me.

I was at the only game last year that Parise actually scored on the stuff play. It was in Tampa Bay last December. It was also against Dwayne Roloson (Big surprise) and it promptly got him pulled from the game. Not sure if that was on the PP though. I don't think it was.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good memory, I was thinking about that game against the Lou...

Ya, that play hadn't worked since 2008-2009, but it didn't stop him from trying it every time.

Yeah, it had been years. The PP was struggling and you could've glued the players skates to the ice and ran it the same way. When we don't get movement it fails...and deserves to be booed.

Anyways, Kovy should be on a plane now or within a few hours coming back..

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good memory, I was thinking about that game against the Lou...

Haha against Luongo? I remember a couple shutouts against him in recent memory. I also remember one game we got blown out, and Parise, and Gio firing into his crest, and the crowd chanting LUUUU!!! every time like it was some big save. Might have been his first year up there in Vancouver. We used to piss all over him when he played in Florida.

Why did Parise always use that stuff play? Did that work against Marty in practice or something?:laugh::laugh: I swear if Clarkie, or Trav start doing that I'll tip my TV over!:rant:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Haha against Luongo? I remember a couple shutouts against him in recent memory. I also remember one game we got blown out, and Parise, and Gio firing into his crest, and the crowd chanting LUUUU!!! every time like it was some big save. Might have been his first year up there in Vancouver. We used to piss all over him when he played in Florida.

Why did Parise always use that stuff play? Did that work against Marty in practice or something?:laugh::laugh: I swear if Clarkie, or Trav start doing that I'll tip my TV over!:rant:

Oh god if there is one positive to be had with him gone it should be we should NEVER have to see the damn stuff play on the PP. I'm throwing a puck, or the cowbell I got from the playoffs last year through the TV, and/or crashing my car (if I am listening on the radio) if I hear Trav or Clarkie trying that damn play over and over.

Maybe that was the secret to beating our PK last year that no one picked up on. Just try the stuff play, Marty can't defend against it. O_O

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh god if there is one positive to be had with him gone it should be we should NEVER have to see the damn stuff play on the PP. I'm throwing a puck, or the cowbell I got from the playoffs last year through the TV, and/or crashing my car (if I am listening on the radio) if I hear Trav or Clarkie trying that damn play over and over.

Maybe that was the secret to beating our PK last year that no one picked up on. Just try the stuff play, Marty can't defend against it. O_O
Haha I don't remember Marty even giving up a goal on a stuff in the playoffs? The goalie has to be **** or having an off night to let one in. Roloson gave one up at a game I was at in TB last December. The Devils website is not loading up right now so I can't link the video.

I watched all but 2 or 3 games last year, and that's the only time I remember it working. It promptly led to Roloson being chased. Think it was even strength too. I'm starting to remember one against Toronto with Reimer that Zach scored on. Maybe not though, and even if he did Reimer is one of the biggest jokes of a goaltender in the league.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Yeah, I was watching the Penguins...excuse me...NHL Network and saw that earlier. Melrose was just talking out of his as usual, and Weekes just went along with it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still not sure what exactly makes Melrose so popular. What did he do as a player? What did he do as a coach? Lost in the SCF, and he was never any good after that in the short amount of time he coached. Gotta be the mullet.

Speaking of finishing 26th after making the SCF, remember when the Kings went to the SCF in 93 and lost? And then the next year they finished near the bottom? And then the next year they still sucked, and fired that jackass coach finally? Remember who that guy was?

BARRY MELROSE!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Barry would like to remind everyone to not bring your wallets to Devils home game. For the arena is in a bad bad bad bad neighborhood!:laugh:

ILikeItVeryMuch*

I am sure this had absolutely nothing to do with Melrose being brutally harassed outside of Prudential Center during the finals last season. Baaaaaaaaarrry

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
Imo melrose is "popular" because he's one of 3 people on espn who know a hockey player besides Crosby and ovechkin.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Melrose is popular because ESPN specifically chose him to be the hockey guy, knowing he is a complete idiot and would do a terrible job representing the sport. It is further evidence of how ESPN actively tries to make hockey look bad. People watch him and think "This is the hockey guy? The go to guy for league info? This league must be a total joke."

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Idk if this is from Newark Airport or St Petersburg or something.. but the Devils Blog Facebook posted this pic:

735072_552186848125409_449972945_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad