Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk Announces Retirement from NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I doubt we sign any of the remaining free agents. Me thinks Lou is gonna work on something for Vanek, if its possible. Other than that, I don't really know what he can do. God damn those forward line are ugly now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is kinda like the Devils version of the Red Wedding, except nobody knew it coming so we don't have reaction videos to watch.

images

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

So will we sign somebody? Please don't tell me we're gonna replace him with Tedenby. That worked really well with replacing Parise last year.:facepalm::facepalm:

Tedenby... that made me laugh real hard.

Nice work :laugh:

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
The worst thing is that you guys won't even be able to smack it in his ugly face because he won't visit ... **** you Kovy

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Joe Whitney... Come on down!

I would rather him get a chance than TedenBUST to be honest. Tedenby is given chance after chance every year because he's a first round pick. Joe Whitney hasn't been given ****. I'm looking forward to the day we put that toothless bust on waivers, because it seems like we try to force him onto the lineup every year now.

DevilChuk*

Welp.. I need a name change.

god damn it Lou should have signed Halischuk for me..

BrindA17

Mar 4, 2002
Pa
flyersgames.com
What blows my mind is that Kovalchuk was always such a passionate, almost-glory-hound player who seemed to be thrilled to play and score goals... and he just retired... just like that. Nothing makes sense anymore.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Devil fans should mail Kovy shirts and jerseys to people in Russia to litter the SKA ice with.

Hope a German team joins the KHL so I can go visit a game when SKA is in town ... I'd definitely do the jersey throwing

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ
I seriously thought I'd have kids by the time it was close to the end of Kovy's contract. Jeesh :laugh:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
devils still have a decent roster tho

Elias (yeah he's older),Clowe(dont like that contract one bit tho), Zajac, Henrique is a good up and comer, Loktionov looked good (russian factor there too in a couple years tho)

Things might suck right now... But man, if theres one team in the league that you expect to start failing and sucking hard when they lose star players, its new jersey and you know what.. they never do.

Kovi was a great player.. but he was just one player.. He can and will be replaced.

Believe in Lou, he knows what he's doing.

As for Schneider, dude is from the east coast (boston actually), Dont think re signing him will be an issue at all. Unless, hate saying this but with the financial issues the team is facing, they bolt to seattle or something.

In Disgust

Oct 25, 2010
Rangers fan here. While hindsight's 20/20, this seems REALLY out of the blue. was this predicted at all? Really sucks, sorry guys.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The question is, how long ago did Lou know about this? I'm not feeling so confident on the schneider trade anymore. Unless Lou seriously works some ****ing magic we won't be competitive for a very long time and schneider's contract ends in 2 yrs and I lost all confidence he will re-sign after this mess.

93es6sJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad