Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk Announces Retirement from NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I'm so heartbroken now I feel numb. I don't even know.....l

I loved that player so much, everything about him was so awesome. Now it's all gone. I can't believe we don't have that guy anymore.

And this is also the NHL's fault in so many ways. The lockout. The lockout made him go home to Russia and want to stay there.

There is noone else to blame but Kovy. He would play hockey on the South pole if they pay him enough.

DevilChuk*

Can't wait for the Josh Kosman article proclaiming this is all because the Devils are broke, missed a two dollar loan payment and will be moving to Alaska.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Should I stop purchasing jerseys?

I bought the following jerseys...

- Scott Gomez (back when he was a legit stud) = bolted to the Rags for $$$
- Zach Parise = bolted to suck on his dads big toe
- Kovalchuk = Thinking he signed a 17 year, I was assuming it was safe purchase... guess not.

(bought a Reggie Bush jersey as well and was let go 2 years later and a Fabregas Arsenal jersey and demanded a transfer to Barca)

You know... superstitions are starting to get to me.
I had to change my avatar around this time last season because Parise was in the background of it.
Now I have to change it again because Kovalchuk was in the background of it.

No more players for now ;)
(but lock up all your home goods and glasses, I guess)

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
When this first happened, I thought it was that mcbain ****** going on a twitter hacking rage fest over the earlier events.

:cry:

Same here! I didn't believe it until I went to ESPN's site, 'cause if *they* have it, it means something, as they cover hockey like a screen-door on a submarine.

DevilChuk*

You know... superstitions are starting to get to me.
I had to change my avatar around this time last season because Parise was in the background of it.
Now I have to change it again because Kovalchuk was in the background of it.

No more players for now ;)
(but lock up all your home goods and glasses, I guess)

Oh ****..

well now I gotta change my username in addition to my desktop background.. Henrique scoring the GWG in Game 6 has Kovy in the background :shakehead

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m

Lamoriello actually admitted today that after lockout ended Kovalchuk thinking about staying in Russia.

replace "lockout" with "first half of the 2011-12 season", "kovalchuk" with "parise" and "russia" with "suter". same ****, different year

yes, i did intend to write "staying in suter", in the most wrong way

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I don't give a flying **** what Parise has to say. That and along with Tom "I'm a Ranger fan but cover the Devils for some reason" Gulitti twisting the knife into the wound, talking about how we should have avoided Kovy and signed Zach in 2010, is really making this whole thing worse.

DevilChuk*

Lamoriello actually admitted today that after first half of the 2011-12 season ended Parise thinking about staying in Suter.

makes sense :laugh:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371119

Brian Burke said:
"Those contracts are accepted by the league on the basis that the player's going to serve the full term," Burke said. "That's the only basis they're accepted by the league. If there's any understanding that the player's not going to serve the full term they wouldn't be accepted by the league. I personally do not believe these players are going to serve the term of their contracts.

"I cannot believe -- and I'm not going to name names -- but I do not believe players are going to play 10 years that have signed or nine years, especially when the compensation for the final three years is $1- or $2-million."

BrindA17

Mar 4, 2002
Pa
flyersgames.com
"After many conversations with Ilya over the past year on his desire to retire from the National Hockey League, Ilya's decision became official today," said general manager Lou Lamoriello in a statement.

Why was this kept to himself???

BTW, I don't think I've made a post on any HFBoards forum in 10+ years, but this was crazy enough to bring me back.

DevilChuk*

I don't get it. What do we have to do to keep our players?

I'm at the point where I've been left at the alter so much, I'm not sure whether I can even like another player as much as Zach and Ilya :laugh:

Revolving door would be fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad