Speculation: III. 2014 Stars Offseason Thread: Miniature American Flags for Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
**** you guys leave me alone. Eichel is better than everyone except Kane.

:laugh:

I love Eichel.

Admittedly, I hadnt been paying attention to the kids eligible for next year's draft. Then watching the last World Juniors I see this American kid controlling the ice from everywhere and damn. Caught my eye right there. So I look him up and find out he's right there with McWhatsHisName. Kid Got Game.

Primetimey*

[NHL]626336[/NHL]

"Stars Mailbag"

The Dallas Stars actually produced some good online content. Give Borogard a raise and give him Ali's job.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
[NHL]626336[/NHL]

"Stars Mailbag"

The Dallas Stars actually produced some good online content. Give Borogard a raise and give him Ali's job.

A Stars video is not the same without Ali's weird pauses and general inability to speak properly into a camera. It... it's not right. I'm not sure I'll ever recover from this experience.

NukeJukes43

Hey guys sorry to ask the same question twice but I didn't see a reply and I'm having no luck finding anything on here through search. Where did you all get those slick Texas Stars player avatars? Did someone just happen to make one and customize some for a few of you?

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Hey guys sorry to ask the same question twice but I didn't see a reply and I'm having no luck finding anything on here through search. Where did you all get those slick Texas Stars player avatars? Did someone just happen to make one and customize some for a few of you?

Ask piqued or Satan personally for one. They are our resident avatar makers.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

piqued made those for the AHL playoffe

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Sure Reinhart and Bennett are probably playing in the NHL next season, so conceivably if Nill drugs the water bottles of teams drafting before us he can run up to the podium and get one of them and fill our hole that way.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Problem #1st line...no problem

Dallas is not in a great spot at #2 center? Seguin #1 center unreal...then Horcoff, Garbutt, Eakin, Sceviour. Dallas needs to get Stastny as their #2C, problem is they have to pay at least a million bucks more than they pay Benn and Seguin.

Better option is to give Brad Richards 4x $4.75m-5.25m

Benn-Seguin-Nich

Problem #2nd line...BIG problem

Who the hell plays with Richards? Cole, Chaisson, Peverley, Rousell???

at best Peverley-Richards-Cole

Problem #3...no problem

actually not a problem...Eakin-Garbutt-Roussell a great third line!

Problem #4...BIG problem

Defense...not the best d-core in the world and everyone but Dillon are signed through at least next season.

Gonchar, Goligoski, Daley, Conn, Benn, and the ever so not ready Olesiak

Good luck solving #2 and #4!

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Problem #1st line...no problem

Dallas is not in a great spot at #2 center? Seguin #1 center unreal...then Horcoff, Garbutt, Eakin, Sceviour. Dallas needs to get Stastny as their #2C, problem is they have to pay at least a million bucks more than they pay Benn and Seguin.

Better option is to give Brad Richards 4x $4.75m-5.25m

Benn-Seguin-Nich

Problem #2nd line...BIG problem

Who the hell plays with Richards? Cole, Chaisson, Peverley, Rousell???

at best Peverley-Richards-Cole

Problem #3...no problem

actually not a problem...Eakin-Garbutt-Roussell a great third line!

Problem #4...BIG problem

Defense...not the best d-core in the world and everyone but Dillon are signed through at least next season.

Gonchar, Goligoski, Daley, Conn, Benn, and the ever so not ready Olesiak

Good luck solving #2 and #4!

I missed you so much

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Garrioch is a hack

but I like the idea

Except for the fact he was right about Erik Cole getting traded and Vern Fiddler wanting out of Dallas. No one had the Habs shopping Cole, and he was the first with the Fiddler news.

The rumor business is not 100% considering most of the time it's just discussion. Garrioch is much closer to Bob McKenzie than he is Eklund. It's clear he's a pretty respected guy among media members which is important in my mind.

I don't necessarily believe Dallas is seriously considering this as a major priority, but it wouldn't be surprising if they're testing what's out their.

Satan you did make me chuckle though. This guy sucks ... but what he says is entirely plausible so here's a name that might make sense.

:laugh:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What kind of player do we want playing 1RW? A playmaker, sniper or a big body kind of guy?

I still think it's Ritchie. Those 2 carry the puck in on the rush more often than dump it in. Ritchie is excellent in that role, and he's a huge body to throw around on the occasion they do dump it in. Plus, Seguin is so skilled, he can put the puck on anyone's stick in the zone. You maximize his effectiveness with scorers.

As far as free agents go, it's a slam dunk Iginla IMO. There's a reasonable situation developing that a top contender can't sign him. LA, Chicago, and Boston can't afford him. Tampa Bay IMO is the next best out of the East and they are drowning in Grade A prospects who are NHL ready. Anaheim could afford him, but they're looking for a center and right shot D.

His relationship with Gaglardi and Benn/Seguin ... IMO ... make him at least consider Dallas. I could see him taking a 1 year deal to try and get a mercenary contract again next year after the cap goes up more. I could also see him do what Doan did and chase term over a Cup potentially.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Yeah if we could get Iginla for one year I say absolutely do it. I'd even be fine giving him the Ray Whitney contract. With Robidas gone he'd be a great heart and soul guy to help out Jamie and co. along with Horcoff.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Take Iginla in a heartbeat. Be happy to help Boston out with their salary cap situation for either of the "infamous" two coming back.

Still wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Myers but think someone is going to give Buffalo something dumb for him. I'm looking at you Edmonton.

I've come around on the #ProSang side. Kid has talent and if he falls because most teams aren't even looking at him an extra 2nd to pick him up would be great.

Prediction. This is the craziest draft in years. At least 10 trades will be made in the 1st round. Nill is gonna Ninja.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
His name is Brett Ritchie. I'm more worried who's on the LW on the 2nd line rather than finding someone not to completely suck with Benn/Segs.

Yeah or his name could be someone else and Nichushkin and Ritchie/Chiasson are the wings on the 2nd line.

There's not one answer to every position.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I keep seeing people put Chiasson on the LW.....has he ever played LW? I don't remember them ever trying when he was in Texas. Center yes, LW no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad