Player Discussion II. Valeri Nichushkin

Bkennedy*

Lobo could scrape a GDT out of the bottom of a jar of peanut butter

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Or maybe you should stalk professional athletes in private instead of publically. Or maybe take up yahtzee? Or maybe get out a little and try to find the man of your dreams?

I can't tell if this is tongue-in-cheek or not, but you've made the get out a little comment before on the boards.... but you still continue to post?

What's wrong with Instagram? I get to look at my friends pictures, celebrity pictures (ie Katy Perry/Sarah Hyland) and the occasional picture from my favorite athletes like Seguin and Nichushkin.

All with the swipe down of a finger to refresh my feed- I can do it on the bus/train/plane/bike whatever. If they didn't want their photos made publicly then they'd be using private settings.

NukeJukes43

It's the middle of summer...chill.

Of course Nuke has the 5S.

I know I'm late to the party. But the highlighted statement above is just another critical reason Lobo is my favorite poster on this board. Carry on :handclap::yo:

MetalGodAOD*

Some serious old man rage up in this thread. Get off my lawn you e-stalkers.

MetalGodAOD*

Get out of your mom's basement and off your cell phones and go get laid. God damn kids and your rap music and hipster clothes. (am i doing this right?)

MetalGodAOD*

Anyways on a serious note, I think people take interest because they like to see how well he's acclimating to Dallas/US life. He seems pretty comfortable based on the way he presents himself on social media.

MetalGodAOD*

Alright sorry to be the spoil-sport. Moved most of the recent conversation over to the OT thread. Let's keep this one (somewhat) pertaining to that beautiful Ruskie we call Nuke.

Bkennedy*

it begins!

I want to see nuke start on the first line again this year though. It's his spot to lose imo.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
I personally think Hemsky simply 'fits' better with Benn and Seguin. Nill clearly said that Hemsky was brought in with the single thought of being a good fit to play on that line. Well before they got Spezza. That reasoning still fits. And Spezza is probably an even better fit for Nichushkin, because you know he's going to feed him the puck. Perhaps Nichushkin will defer less than he does with Seguin and Benn and shoot more.

Bkennedy*

Maybe, but we know for a fact that Spezza and Hemsky have pre-established chemistry, I can see them using that instead.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Maybe, but we know for a fact that Spezza and Hemsky have pre-established chemistry, I can see them using that instead.
So? It was for what, 20-30 games? Spezza is a very good player, and should be able to mesh with a lot of the players we have. I'd rather set the line up with the best fits, and see how we go from there. I would much rather a playmaking winger play with Benn and Seguin. They can both create, but IMO they are both predominantly goal scorers, so having an off wing who looks to get them the puck first will max out those strengths. I think Hemsky could mesh just as well with the top line as he did in that short period with Spezza.

And Nuke simply looked to defer too much to Benn and Seguin last season, to the detriment of his game. It was his rookie season and you expect his confidence to grow his sophomore year, but Spezza is still a better fit for him IMO, as Nuke is a goal scorer, who basically doesn't shoot enough. Playing with a true playmaker like Spezza is a better fit for him.

Ampersand

Or maybe you should stalk professional athletes in private instead of publically. Or maybe take up yahtzee? Or maybe get out a little and try to find the man of your dreams?

Is this you? Protecting one public figure at a time. ;)

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
So? It was for what, 20-30 games? Spezza is a very good player, and should be able to mesh with a lot of the players we have. I'd rather set the line up with the best fits, and see how we go from there. I would much rather a playmaking winger play with Benn and Seguin. They can both create, but IMO they are both predominantly goal scorers, so having an off wing who looks to get them the puck first will max out those strengths. I think Hemsky could mesh just as well with the top line as he did in that short period with Spezza.

And Nuke simply looked to defer too much to Benn and Seguin last season, to the detriment of his game. It was his rookie season and you expect his confidence to grow his sophomore year, but Spezza is still a better fit for him IMO, as Nuke is a goal scorer, who basically doesn't shoot enough. Playing with a true playmaker like Spezza is a better fit for him.

Hemsky may play with Benn and Seguin at some point. Hell, Benn and Seguin don't have to be completely joined at the hip now either. Benn with Spezza and Hemsky with Seguin from time to time could work great. In the ebbs and flows of a season there's no hard in experimenting some, but at the beginning of the season I don't see the point in trying to be too cute. You need to start the season off strong and if you've got two sets of pairs up front it's way better than having one dominant line and a second line with an awesome center trying to find chemistry with completely new wingers.

Personally, I'd like to see Nichushkin on the left of Spezza and Hemsky, that way he's playing with two playmakers. You can put pretty much anybody up with Benn and Seguin without hurting them.

Bkennedy*

Hemsky may play with Benn and Seguin at some point. Hell, Benn and Seguin don't have to be completely joined at the hip now either. Benn with Spezza and Hemsky with Seguin from time to time could work great. In the ebbs and flows of a season there's no hard in experimenting some, but at the beginning of the season I don't see the point in trying to be too cute. You need to start the season off strong and if you've got two sets of pairs up front it's way better than having one dominant line and a second line with an awesome center trying to find chemistry with completely new wingers.

Personally, I'd like to see Nichushkin on the left of Spezza and Hemsky, that way he's playing with two playmakers. You can put pretty much anybody up with Benn and Seguin without hurting them.

I never want to see Benn and Seguin split up. Even if one gets a penalty I wanna see the other drop the mitts to join them in the box.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't agree at all that Benn/Seguin need a playmaker and if that's what Nill thinks then I disagree with him. They need a crasher/grinder/gritty guy with finishing ability.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
I don't agree at all that Benn/Seguin need a playmaker and if that's what Nill thinks then I disagree with him. They need a crasher/grinder/gritty guy with finishing ability.
Nill said it in Spezza's press conference. I don't think that line needs a gritty guy whatsoever. Not every line has to have a pure banger on it to succeed. Put a high level passer with Seguin and Benn and they could both pot around 40 a piece.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Benn and Seguin are the high level passers. Their line needs someone focused on forechecking, and recovering and maintaining possession.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Benn and Seguin are the high level passers. Their line needs someone focused on forechecking, and recovering and maintaining possession.
Benn does enough of that. They aren't passing focused, like Spezza and Hemsky are. Our puck possession is just fine last I checked, and should only be better next season. And it seems like the coaching staff and FO don't think they need a banger on their line either, or Nill wouldn't have specified that as the primary reason for going after Hemsky in the first place.

I bet Hemsky meshes with them great if he plays on their line, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad