OT: II. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House

Status
Not open for further replies.

vofty

Mar 2, 2008
TX
Of the two major airports in Houston, believe me you would much rather be stuck in Bush than Hobby.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not gonna be around 'til Friday night, at a hockey camp in Dallas (fittingly).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:laugh:

I wish. Nowhere near good enough to even get considered for something like that, though.

How's the Euless rink? That's where it's at, never skated there before though.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
:laugh:

I wish. Nowhere near good enough to even get considered for something like that, though.

How's the Euless rink? That's where it's at, never skated there before though.

Euless is pretty good. The ice is usually decent. As of Friday night they only had one rink up and running. The other is down for the yearly maintenance routine. It will open back up either this week or next.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Euless is pretty good. The ice is usually decent. As of Friday night they only had one rink up and running. The other is down is the yearly maintenance routine. It will open back up either this week or next.

Awesome, it'll probably be some of the best I've been on then. The ice sucks down here.

Thanks.

ReverendAlBundy

Loungetown mortician
Feb 25, 2010
Fort Worth
Euless is pretty good. The ice is usually decent. As of Friday night they only had one rink up and running. The other is down for the yearly maintenance routine. It will open back up either this week or next.
The gold rink was down so they could save money. It sat untouched for months just so they wouldnt have to run energy in there. As of Friday morning they had a couple lights turned on, and I'm hearing it should be open this week.

Brand New Stars

Anyone here watch Breaking Bad? I think it's the best show I've ever seen.

Brand New Stars

It just gets better and better. I had always wanted to watch it but finally started this summer and went through all 4 seasons in about 2 weeks. Then the debut of season 5 last night was just awesome.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Anyone here watch Breaking Bad? I think it's the best show I've ever seen.

I'm a fan but if you think it's the best show you've ever seen I've got some recommendations for you. For me it ranks firmly in the IMDB 7.5 range; good/quite good but not great.

Just started watch the show in general, pretty awesome if season 1 is any indication.

Keep watching because season 1 is by far the least cool. I was actually really close to not continuing past season 1 but at the time I was working a job with netflix and plenty of free time.

It just gets better and better. I had always wanted to watch it but finally started this summer and went through all 4 seasons in about 2 weeks. Then the debut of season 5 last night was just awesome.

4 seasons in 2 weeks, the best way to watch any good show.:handclap: I haven't watched the new episode yet so NO SPOILERS!

Brand New Stars

Go for it and list a couple shows. Don't say Mad Men though.

Don't worry I won't put up any spoilers for Breaking Bad because I know lots of people are either just now trying it or haven't seen it at all.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Six Feet Under
The Wire
Rome
Game of Thrones
Homeland
Boardwalk Empire

Wilfred
Always Sunny
Community
Louie
Workaholics
Archer
New Girl
Peep Show
Parks and Rec

People say the Wire is the best show of all times, but I like Six Feet Under more. All of those dramas I listed are excellent though. Also, if you do appreciate Breaking Bad but don't appreciate Mad Men, I would recommend Dexter to you.

Ampersand

Six Feet Under
The Wire
Rome
Game of Thrones
Homeland
Boardwalk Empire

Wilfred
Always Sunny
Community
Louie
Workaholics
Archer
New Girl
Peep Show
Parks and Rec

People say the Wire is the best show of all times, but I like Six Feet Under more. All of those dramas I listed are excellent though. Also, if you do appreciate Breaking Bad but don't appreciate Mad Men, I would recommend Dexter to you.

Both hilarious shows

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Ooh.
Rankings?
I can dig it.

Undecided's Offical 2012 T.V. Shows I Actually Watch Power Rankings

1) Mad Men
2) The Boondocks
3) Workaholics

4) Metalocalypse
5) Louie
6) Archer

7) It's Always Sunny

Dexter and SOA i watched 2 and 3 seasons of respectively and enjoyed, but lost interest.
I can't stand Wilfred.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Ooh.
Rankings?
I can dig it.

Undecided's Offical 2012 T.V. Shows I Actually Watch Power Rankings

1) Mad Men
2) The Boondocks
3) Workaholics

4) Metalocalypse
5) Louie
6) Archer

7) It's Always Sunny

Dexter and SOA i watched 2 and 3 seasons of respectively and enjoyed, but lost interest.
I can't stand Wilfred.

Mine weren't meant to be ordered, but I guess I'll do that now.

1. Six Feet Under
2. The Wire
3. Breaking Bad
4. Game of Thrones
5. Homeland (Homeland season 1 was great, I just don't know how long it can stay fresh)
5. Boardwalk Empire
7. Mad Men
8. Rome
9. The Sopranos
10. Oz/Dexter/Deadwood

1. Community
2. Always Sunny
3. Louie
4. Peep Show
5. Parks and Rec
6. Workaholics
7. The Office
8. Girls
9. Wilfred
10. Californication/The League/Veep/Archer

Brand New Stars

I don't like to mix comedies with dramas because they are so drastically different. I love shows like Workaholics, It's Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Veep, and Tosh. Of course Seinfeld as the all time comedy. Hate Community btw.

I think I am going to try Dexter. Sounds like a show I would enjoy. I don't like shows like Mad Men because I don't like movies/shows held in a much earlier time. I was also told the characters are what you watch the show for but when I watched the first episode, I didn't like a single one of the characters.

Ampersand

I don't like to mix comedies with dramas because they are so drastically different. I love shows like Workaholics, It's Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Veep, and Tosh. Of course Seinfeld as the all time comedy. Hate Community btw.

I think I am going to try Dexter. Sounds like a show I would enjoy. I don't like shows like Mad Men because I don't like movies/shows held in a much earlier time. I was also told the characters are what you watch the show for but when I watched the first episode, I didn't like a single one of the characters.

It doesn't surprise me to hear people say that, if people didn't hate it, it wouldn't have been given the time slot of death on Friday nights this season.

Brand New Stars

My two brothers and dad love it but I just don't see the appeal. I like Joel McHale though.

Brand New Stars

Can't just watch a show because of a female. In that case I'd get hooked on Vampire Diaries for Nina Dobrev :nod:

Glover's standup is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad