IF the Jets won the Cup, would you cry?

Will you cry if the Jets win the Stanley Cup?

• Total voters

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Wouldn’t cry because I couldn’t believe it....I followed every rumour every little tidbit on ROTJ.. my heart was ripped out in 1996 and to win a cup...my brain just couldn’t comprehend it .. I would need a day or two ..
Cry no but after my son was born it would be the happiest moment in my life.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
1497390492139.jpg

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Im a huge hockey fan......but ironically I rarely watch the final as its just too late in the year. It would be very weird watching the Jets in the final.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I don't think I would cry. I voted no. But it would be an incredibly emotional moment for me. My love affair with the Jets start in those heady days in the 70's when the WHA Jets were winning Aavco Cup championships. Even when we win it all, the team was so entertaining to watch. When we joined the NHL it was bitter sweet. We finally made it to the big league, but at what cost? I endured the initial years of brutally bad teams. When we became a very good team, we were always bounced out by the Oilers in our quest for the cup. As good as our team was, I never really felt that we were championship material. Especially when compared to Edmonton.

I really hated our GM's in during Jets 1.0. Although John Ferguson had a huge amount of passion, he wasn't that great of a GM. He allowed our team to be raped and pillaged going into the NHL where the other former WHA teams were able to make side deals and retain their better players. Yes there were a some draft successes (Selanne), but when you're that bad, picking up Ducky is a no brainer.

As bad as Fergy was, Mike Smith was much worse. His love affair with Russian born players was ridiculous and he wasted the high draft picks on Russian players that no one even heard of and could easily have been drafted in later rounds. Hello Sergie Bautin.

But I loved the Jets throughout this time and it was incredibly painful when we lost them in 96. (I still have my cancelled cheque for $500 for the Save the Jets Fund.) When we got the Jets back, like everyone else, I was completely overjoyed.

So for us to be in this position today has been a long, long journey. It's been a ages since I can honestly say that we are a real contender. Honestly, it goes back to those early days in the WHA that I have that swagger that we can beat anyone.

So I may just cry if we finally do end up winning the cup.

Well said Shazzam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad