IF the Jets won the Cup, would you cry?

Will you cry if the Jets win the Stanley Cup?

• Total voters

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I will wait and see how I react to us winning a playoff game, if that ever happens. That might give me an idea of how I would react.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
giphy.gif

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I don't think I would cry. I voted no. But it would be an incredibly emotional moment for me. My love affair with the Jets start in those heady days in the 70's when the WHA Jets were winning Aavco Cup championships. Even when we win it all, the team was so entertaining to watch. When we joined the NHL it was bitter sweet. We finally made it to the big league, but at what cost? I endured the initial years of brutally bad teams. When we became a very good team, we were always bounced out by the Oilers in our quest for the cup. As good as our team was, I never really felt that we were championship material. Especially when compared to Edmonton.

I really hated our GM's in during Jets 1.0. Although John Ferguson had a huge amount of passion, he wasn't that great of a GM. He allowed our team to be raped and pillaged going into the NHL where the other former WHA teams were able to make side deals and retain their better players. Yes there were a some draft successes (Selanne), but when you're that bad, picking up Ducky is a no brainer.

As bad as Fergy was, Mike Smith was much worse. His love affair with Russian born players was ridiculous and he wasted the high draft picks on Russian players that no one even heard of and could easily have been drafted in later rounds. Hello Sergie Bautin.

But I loved the Jets throughout this time and it was incredibly painful when we lost them in 96. (I still have my cancelled cheque for $500 for the Save the Jets Fund.) When we got the Jets back, like everyone else, I was completely overjoyed.

So for us to be in this position today has been a long, long journey. It's been a ages since I can honestly say that we are a real contender. Honestly, it goes back to those early days in the WHA that I have that swagger that we can beat anyone.

So I may just cry if we finally do end up winning the cup.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
I'll cry cause we won it as a TEAM. This includes everyone in the city who loves the Jets. It's our team, we are a part of the team through thick and thin and if we win it someday we can all celebrate together and realize how special being a Winnipegger is. The Jets represent our pride of this city.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Maaaan I would proudly and openly weep with snort/choking fits all the while having a straight ninja fight with the air, if we won the cup. Probably a strange morose would creep on after like a hangover though.... "this changes everything" type shit.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I don't think I would cry. I voted no. But it would be an incredibly emotional moment for me. My love affair with the Jets start in those heady days in the 70's when the WHA Jets were winning Aavco Cup championships. Even when we win it all, the team was so entertaining to watch. When we joined the NHL it was bitter sweet. We finally made it to the big league, but at what cost? I endured the initial years of brutally bad teams. When we became a very good team, we were always bounced out by the Oilers in our quest for the cup. As good as our team was, I never really felt that we were championship material. Especially when compared to Edmonton.

I really hated our GM's in during Jets 1.0. Although John Ferguson had a huge amount of passion, he wasn't that great of a GM. He allowed our team to be raped and pillaged going into the NHL where the other former WHA teams were able to make side deals and retain their better players. Yes there were a some draft successes (Selanne), but when you're that bad, picking up Ducky is a no brainer.

As bad as Fergy was, Mike Smith was much worse. His love affair with Russian born players was ridiculous and he wasted the high draft picks on Russian players that no one even heard of and could easily have been drafted in later rounds. Hello Sergie Bautin.

But I loved the Jets throughout this time and it was incredibly painful when we lost them in 96. (I still have my cancelled cheque for $500 for the Save the Jets Fund.) When we got the Jets back, like everyone else, I was completely overjoyed.

So for us to be in this position today has been a long, long journey. It's been a ages since I can honestly say that we are a real contender. Honestly, it goes back to those early days in the WHA that I have that swagger that we can beat anyone.

So I may just cry if we finally do end up winning the cup.

that's pretty much how i feel, except you contradict yourself. :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In the heat of the moment after we close out the championship it may happen but it’s hard to say? I would be overcome with elation but I am not sure if that would manifest itself in tears that evening.

However there is 100% probablity I would cry over the next few days and weeks after the win. It would not have happened in my younger years but things seemed to have changed as I have gotten older.

Hard yes for me.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
the announcement that the Jets were returning was the emotional peak for me.

So far ;)

Yea I had tears of joy when Mark was speaking.....also when Zinger got emotional I joined him......didn’t want to leave a brother hanging alone.

Reactions: Saintb

jetsairforce

Dec 26, 2010
I'm going to date myself here. I've been through the WHA days, Jets 1.0 days and currently following the Jets 2.0. I've raised three boys who are now adults and love hockey. When I was a kid, there were hockey nets in each driveway, not basketball nets. I grew up passionately loving hockey. All this to say, I would bawl like a baby, be at Portage and Main and take a week off to recover from being very friendly with Ron Bacardi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad