Speculation: If New Captain next year - Who

TiCats

Nov 8, 2013
Mile End, Montreal
David Desharnais.

Character player, french and a Bill Masterton nominee. He has a Bergevin contract; he is the team's top line centre; he has the respect of the coaching staff; he has the respect of his team.

Book it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would suggest a system of alternating captains, as follows:

C - David Desharnain
A - Francis Bouillon
C- René Bourque
A - Daniel Brière

:sarcasm:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Subban and Gorges would probably be the most comfortable with it.

Thing with Subban is that MT would have to change his approach with him if he had the C, and that might hurt his chances

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I'd give that responsibility to Subban but if Gorges stays, he's gonna be the one that the TEAM will choose.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
You don't make a goalie captain, period. It's a really bad idea and Luongo's case was convincing enough for me.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I'd rather keep Gionta captain if his replacement is supposed to be that media puppet Gorges.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
David Desharnais.

Character player, french and a Bill Masterton nominee. He has a Bergevin contract; he is the team's top line centre; he has the respect of the coaching staff; he has the respect of his team.

Book it.

You know, with the Therrien four-year extension I would not be totally surprised if this happened. :(

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Josh Gorges will be captain imo. I think Subban should wear it but he can be a divisive personnality and it will put the spotlight even more on him so it might not be the best idea. In the end it doesn't matter as the natural leaders will always shine through.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
I was against the idea for a long time, but I am coming around to the notion of Subban as captain.

samsquanch9*

Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau, Josh Gorges... please pick PK

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
The captain should be whoever the players choose as captain because they know better than anyone who's the best leader

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Do or die , never quit, momentum changing, articulate, professional, walk the walk type guys should never be captain.

You forgot:

"skating like a headless chiken"

"on-ice maturity of a 10 years old"

"not knowing when to pinch"

"being distracted easily by words from opponants"

"being a good actor"

It's like people are so blinded by their love of a player that they forgot about things like logic. And what is the role of a captain.

Watch Steve Yzerman, Johathan Toews, Mark Messier, these guys are Captain.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:help: pls dont make gorges captain, he'd probably start wearing a habs version of the captain america uniform to practice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad