Speculation: If New Captain next year - Who

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
He's the complete opposite of what a captain should be like.

If Invisible Brian is what a captain should be like, give me Subban. He has style, charisma, skill, energy -- a natural leader.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

He's the complete opposite of what a captain should be like.

He's still learning how to control his emotion, the maturity is almost right up there, and it'll keep on improving. As for anything else, Subban is captain material... and since I know for a fact that he really wants to BE (not to act like) a leader, I'll give him the benefice of the doubt, but I understand why people are still skeptical with him.

4 years after his first NHL game, Subban did see and dealt with a lots of ****, he proved his doubters wrong (like you) like any great captain would do. Subban is a veteran, not a rookie anymore.

You forgot the :sarcasm:

Was it sarcasm?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
**** Gorges, he is just a ****ing untalented cow who only screan CMON BOY GO
BOY GO GO BOY CMON BOY.

PK for captain, he has shown TRUE leadership since last year

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's still learning how to control his emotion, the maturity is almost right up there, and it'll keep on improving. As for anything else, Subban is captain material... and since I know for a fact that he really wants to BE (not to act like) a leader, I'll give him the benefice of the doubt, but I understand why people are still skeptical with him.

4 years after his first NHL game, Subban did see and dealt with a lots of ****, he proved his doubters wrong (like you) like any great captain would do. Subban is a veteran, not a rookie anymore.

Was it sarcasm?
I would hope it was sarcasm...

Saintpatrick*

Should be Subban but they'll probably appoint DD captain or something stupid like that.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Never Pleks, not Gorges. Subban still has a little maturing to do. He will get an "A" though.
My choice..........Carey Price.
Steps up when he needs to, speaks up when he needs to. Respected in the room and on the ice. No question, hands down.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Never Pleks, not Gorges. Subban still has a little maturing to do. He will get an "A" though.
My choice..........Carey Price.
Steps up when he needs to, speaks up when he needs to. Respected in the room and on the ice. No question, hands down.

Goalie captain is not allowed anymore.

EDIT: Actually it's a grey area seems Price could be named captain but not wear the 'C' when on-ice, Habs would have to designate a different 'on-ice' captain. I could be wrong...

Last edited:

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
If this was any other city, PK Subban would be the next C, or at least strongly considered, but since this is Montreal and we can't, here's my pick.

C - Plekanec
A - Markov
A - Gorges

This leading to PK or Galchenyuk once Plekanec leaves.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Goalie captain is not allowed anymore.

EDIT: Actually it's a grey area seems Price could wear the C but Habs would have to designate a different 'on-ice' captain.

I was unaware they changed that. My apologies. Would be the best choice. I was going to say that if they could allow it, and Gionta came back, then they would designate him as on ice captain.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I was unaware they changed that. My apologies. Would be the best choice. I was going to say that if they could allow it, and Gionta came back, then they would designate him as on ice captain.

They didn't recently change it. Goalies haven't been allowed to be captains since 1948.

If you are thinking of Luongo he was a captain in name only . He was not permitted to wear a C and the team iced 3 alternates for on ice duties.

I think even Luongo realized how strange the idea was because he relinquished the "title" after 2 years.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Just wondering why Pleks is an expected, but undeserving captain?? Like "that's how we would do it here..."

I have also been very impressed by PK as a leader, but can we not downplay what Tomas Plekanec has been to this team for many many years and how his work ethic is second to none. Subban with an A is a no -brainer, but when I look at the Habs veteran leader, it's Plekanec. He's a prototypical captain, at least on our team. That's for those who care who the C is. Personally I do and I don't think Gio was bad. Oh, and uh, looks like he's still gonna be captain...(better be for REAL cheap)

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
They didn't recently change it. Goalies haven't been allowed to be captains since 1948.

If you are thinking of Luongo he was a captain in name only . He was not permitted to wear a C and the team iced 3 alternates for on ice duties.

I think even Luongo realized how strange the idea was because he relinquished the "title" after 2 years.

Didn't he "wear" the C on his mask?

Halifaxhab*

Its fathers day weekend so Im hoping my wife lets me wear the C.

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
Whoever the players in the locker room deem is their leader. As fans we don't get a lot of insight into the locker room dynamics therefore can't really make an informed call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad