I'd probably quit watching hockey if they banned fighting

fibonacci*

I'm so sick of these goodie two shoe good doers trying to p***yfy the NHL. Playing the game of hockey involves physical risk. No one is forcing anyone to fight on the ice. If one guys is trying to fight you then you can skate away. Fights happen when both skaters decide to take the physical risk and fight. I would definitely quit watching hockey if fighting were taking out now that hitting is already gone.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
You can skate away from a fight?! What happened to standing up for oneself?
That's what I thought.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I definitely would not quit watching, but i would be disappointed. A lack of fighting could have a ripple effect and hurt the game in several other areas though, then we might have a real problem

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
I'm not against fighting in the NHL but I wouldn't quit watching if it was taken out of the game.
More of a hockey fan than a fight fan.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

You probably should just quit watching hockey right now then.

Fighting is a gimmick, it has no impact on the outcome of the games. It's no different than a mascot race during the second intermission.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I don't just watch hockey for fights, BUT when I do watch a game I do hope for a fight or two.

Makes the game more exciting.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'm so sick of these goodie two shoe good doers trying to pu$$ify the NHL. Playing the game of hockey involves physical risk. No one is forcing anyone to fight on the ice. If one guys is trying to fight you then you can skate away. Fights happen when both skaters decide to take the physical risk and fight. I would definitely quit watching hockey if fighting were taking out now that hitting is already gone.

Not sure what hockey your watching.

The only thing that needs to be banned is the 4min players that are only there to fight other 4min players. Its so pointless and unnecessary.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Most games don't even have fighting, no? Unless it's because I mainly watch the Habs and they don't fight because they're soft/small/gutless/dive.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I won't stop watching but I will be disappointed if it is not allowed at all. I am not against getting rid of the "enforcer" type player though. I feel fighting should be allowed, but there does not need to be a designated "fighter" on each team. Players should be able to stick up for themselves and their teammates while also being able to contribute to the game at a higher level.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I could care less about fighting. I really hate staged fighting, but in a heated moment, two players fighting is alright. If, however, they took it out... I wouldn't be too upset.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This is not targeted to favoring one side or the other, it is just a question to see opinions; Do you think cheap and dirty hits would become more common if fighting was taken out of the game? Not so much for the lack of consequence on the ice, but if two players really have it out for each other, do you think they are more inclined to target that player with a dirty hit?

Skarjak

Sep 8, 2010
Toronto
If fighting is all that's keeping you a hockey fan, I don't think I'll be very sorry to see you go.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
That would be tough. I'd want to quit watching the game if they removed fighting completely, I just don't know if I actually would.

Not that fighting is that big of a part of the game, but it's the principle of the thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad