"I Love This Team" : post-mortem thread

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
So true. Was angry for a few days after games 2, 3, and 4...but an hour or two after game 5, it felt more like relief. Very stressful year for hockey, witht he lockout, injuries, stupid calls, unwarranted suspensions, etc.

Kinda glad it's over.

Now we can watch other teams battle without the huge emotional investment.

And to add, that article is yet another reason why I will never have respect for that franchise or its fan base. Seeing Boston ragdoll a few Penguins will be sweet.

Wait, so all the crap that Garrioch and Brennan write is somehow indicative of us and the organization? :help:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wait, so all the crap that Garrioch and Brennan write is somehow indicative of us and the organization? :help:

Difference is, the majority of Pens fans buy that media hype and actually think this this, while the majority of Sens fans are thoroughly embarrassed by tweedle dee and tweedle dumb of the Sun.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
It may have been a shortened season, but with all the injury stress it sure felt like a full season worth of stress :laugh:

Also anyone else seen this? lol http://triblive.com/sports/dejankov...075504-74/cooke-client-karlsson#axzz2UJ9MbEU9

Ah, yes, it was the venerable Matt Cooke who vanquished the all-comical Ottawa Senators from the post-season in a most valiant effort that included an assist and a hit. Our woeful captain Daniel Alfredsson should learn a lesson about not-quitting by comparing his 2013 playoff highlights to the wrongfully accused Cooke's. Take, for example, Game 3 of Round 2, wherein the quitter Alfredsson gave up on the game, evidenced by his mere one last-minute-game-tying-shorthanded marker. In contrast, our illustrious hero, Matt Cooke, never gave up on a play, going so for as to completely misread a play in double overtime, exposing a passing lane for his check - Andrei Benoit - to exploit, ultimately resulting in the Senators game winning goal.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Difference is, the majority of Pens fans buy that media hype and actually think this this, while the majority of Sens fans are thoroughly embarrassed by tweedle dee and tweedle dumb of the Sun.

The majority of fans on this message board, yes.

Don't underestimate the power of a dirt rag from swaying the opinion of casual fans, though. I assure you there are Sens fans out there that treat Garrioch & Brennan as Gospel, and there are more of them than you think.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

Look, I understand you really hate Pittsburgh, but now you're just making things up. Besides a few individuals (as is the case for all fanbases), Pens fans were very respectable. Check out their Post-series thread. Compared to the Habs series, the past one was a love-affair. :laugh:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Look, I understand you really hate Pittsburgh, but now you're just making things up. Besides a few individuals (as is the case for all fanbases), Pens fans were very respectable. Check out their Post-series thread. Compared to the Habs series, the past one was a love-affair. :laugh:

I'm guessing HT Boards is the only hockey site you visit. Yes, Montreal fans acted like whiny little brats, but it's nothing compared to the ignorance I've seen across a few board with Pens fans. Looking at the TSN boards, the Sens Facebook page, the NHL site....just a ton of vile and stupidity spouted by the majority of Pens fans. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad