Confirmed with Link: I like you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
If u want to see it, forget everything you know about Star Wars. I mean, the movie is not bad... as a movie. But as a Star Wars movie? It's disgrace. So much from the Marvel cheese humor. So much Harry Potter type scenes. No explanation about everything that Abrams give us in the Force Awakens.

RJ ruined Luke, ruined everything that is Star Wars all about it. It's brand new story about the Jedis, the Force and everything. I like how Abrams build Poe and Finn in the previous movie but they are something like meaningless characters here.

It's a mess. Big mess. You will wait two hours to see something, something to happen. Nothing will happen. Almost not backstory for the Luke decision. No explanation for the Jedi Temple. NOTHING.

I thought it was OK. Not great. Some of the humor didn't land. The subplot with Finn and Rose didn't work on any level except for the very end, and they could've found another way to make that happen.

I don't care about lack of exposition though. The original trilogy was great because they didn't explain ****, our imaginations filled in the blanks and that was enough to make it a cultural icon.

We never heard the word "Sith" in the original trilogy. Hell, we thought the guy's first and last names were "Darth" and "Vader." All of those details, those were all things created later or dug up from obscure first drafts and stuff because nerds had nothing better to do.

Movies now are so over-contextualized. Those Marvel movies are all supposed to be great, but they spend so much time explaining backstory and doing fan service crap that the actual plot of the movie takes a backseat. Not picking on Marvel because that's everything now. It's just seemed like a good example.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Good for you....I'm eating 9 days of PTO because I'm a "team player," which is code for "I could take those days off, but next round of layoffs they'll be remembering that time I was an inconvenience"

Next year my vacation at this time will be made “at risk” which if it’s not granted, I get paid 2 1/2 x rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad