Post-Game Talk: I like our team

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
The super skilled guys like Abdelkader with them. If we cloned Abby he'd probably be a regular on the 2nd line. He retrieves pucks, takes a beating in front of the net, plays sound defensively, and occasionally shows he's not chopped liver offensively. He's probably lengthening Z and D's careers by doing grunt work for them.

The guy takes a ton of criticism for not being flashy next to his more talented linemates, but he's the kind of meat and potatoes guy that gets the heavy lifting done each and every shift. The guy is a steal for what he gets paid.

I think you nailed it here. He's a guy you want to play with, not flashy or big skill guy but he does the dirty work.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The super skilled guys like Abdelkader with them. If we cloned Abby he'd probably be a regular on the 2nd line. He retrieves pucks, takes a beating in front of the net, plays sound defensively, and occasionally shows he's not chopped liver offensively. He's probably lengthening Z and D's careers by doing grunt work for them.

The guy takes a ton of criticism for not being flashy next to his more talented linemates, but he's the kind of meat and potatoes guy that gets the heavy lifting done each and every shift. The guy is a steal for what he gets paid.

Well first off, Abby has taken no criticism this season. He's actually producing and doing his job this year, unlike last year. He has far more poise and patience with the puck and now he knows what to do with it. He's better at protecting it this season, and he's scoring more. You absolutely have to produce if you're in the top6.

And I think I'd prefer Helm at this point. Helm has been incredible on Datsyuk's wing. He holds on to the puck, draws penalties, sometimes he works over the other team so well he scores on his own. He's so fast he's always threatening to take the puck back on the forecheck. I'd rather clone Helm than Abby although both have been good.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Well first off, Abby has taken no criticism this season. He's actually producing and doing his job this year, unlike last year. He has far more poise and patience with the puck and now he knows what to do with it. He's better at protecting it this season, and he's scoring more. You absolutely have to produce if you're in the top6.

And I think I'd prefer Helm at this point. Helm has been incredible on Datsyuk's wing. He holds on to the puck, draws penalties, sometimes he works over the other team so well he scores on his own. He's so fast he's always threatening to take the puck back on the forecheck. I'd rather clone Helm than Abby although both have been good.

I love how the 2nd line exploits Helms speed. They know that he can win the footrace and set up plays just like that, with Dats's IQ and hands and Tats's tendency to shoot that line is easily my favorite this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad