Post-Game Talk: I like our team

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I feel like we stole those points.

This game could have been out of reach early if it weren't for Mrazek.

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007
I'm so glad that we're getting our number 1 goalie back soon....can't wait for that guy.....:sarcasm:

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
That disallowed goal was crucial. Would have likely gone to ot had it count

Mrazek with the shutty :yo: Goaltender of the future

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Really good to win this game. Thanks Roy for pulling that goalie so late. :sarcasm: Not to forget the great boost for Mrazek's confidence.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Mrazek was great

also our 3rd period was pretty good, knew exactly what Avs were doing and snuffed them out.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I gotta say that I like the Ericsson that played tonight. He needs to show up & play like that at every game. It was good to see him hitting people. The fight was an added bonus.

Good bounce-back from Mrazek after a couple of flub games. The kid has potential.

Entire team looked good tonight, save for Smith.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I like when we win.

We are pretty good right now. How good is this team? I honestly think we could beat any of the other 7 East playoff teams in a series. That said, I could also see us losing to any of them as well, I just wanna fast forward to the playoffs. The Eastern 1st round will be unbelievable to watch.

Good job Mrazek. After people start questioning him, he posts back to back solid games.

Mrazek, Abdelkader and Datsyuk are my 3 stars.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'm so glad that we're getting our number 1 goalie back soon....can't wait for that guy.....:sarcasm:

I am glad we are getting back our #1 goalie. He is a pretty damn good player.

Mrazek is talented and has the capability to do what he did tonight. He's also green enough that he can do what he did in those several games where he stumbled.

Why on earth would you roll your eyes at getting a consistently good player back on the roster?

edmundbenz

Mar 30, 2014
New Jersey

Mrazek is talented and has the capability to do what he did tonight. He's also green enough that he can do what he did in those several games where he stumbled.

Why on earth would you roll your eyes at getting a consistently good player back on the roster?

Howard is still better but Mrazek is inching closer.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Gotta say, I thought we were going to get smashed early on, but with some great saves and a couple of lucky bounces later, we just got it together. Smith is looking better imo except for that one mishap.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Todays final SBDSS analysis of the defense:

Kronwall: 7C; 1X (Great solid game overall)
Ericsson: 4C; 1X (Also played well; our top pair was never beaten)
Quincey: 3C; 2X
DDK: 2C; 2X (DDK and Quincey played solidly, a few minor mistakes)
March: 5C; 3X
Smith 4C; 3X (March and Smith played an OK game, Mostly invisible, some nice passes, but they also made a few mistakes that almost cost us)

Overall completely happy with the game of our D men tonight.

As for overall "Feel" that goes beyond this scoring system.

Marchenko still looks a little nervous out there. And Smith although having an overall medium game, just never looked super confident out there.

Its clear that they were struggling a bit in COMPARISON to the other 4.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Always enjoy us beating the Avalanche and doing so with a shut out is even better. Colorado is going to be a great team in a few years. They over achieved like crazy last year with an unsustainable PDO and terrible possession numbers, but Varlamov is a great goalie and that youth core they have is truly great.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Petr the Great, Abby, and Big Rig 3 stars in my book. HM goes to the PK as a whole for getting back on track.

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007

Because I don't like what he's become "consistent" in, in the past year and a half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad