Post-Game Talk: I like our team

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Our special teams were... well, special. Very special.

Mraz was in da zone! Excellent game from Big E. Marchenko looked good. Very impressed with Abdelkader, sweet hands (from a known "hands of stone")!

The 3rd was a defensive clinic. Go Wings!

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Consistently better than Mrazek?

I don't get it. Send off Howard because people are totally convinced a .920+ goalie would absolutely turn into trash on another team...AKA he's not a good goalie, just because of the excitement and newness of a new player/goalie? It's bad logic. The fact that the 5 previous Wings teams that Howard has backstopped have been average on a good year? This being the best team since '09? I say let Howard show what he can do with a good team, not an average team (a team that's not supposed to go far in the playoffs to begin with..don't know why people expect him to take the team any further), before completely writing him off.

I'm excited to see what he can bring. But he's not better. Nor will he be in the near future. Maybe after a couple of seasons. But that's IF he hits any of his projections.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Damnit! Missed a good one. oh well I'll see the high lights. Nice to see Mrazek get his shutty. He's bounced back real good. Guy's mentally tough.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Highlight of the night was seeing Roy's face after his goalie pull maneuver failed not once, but twice.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Highlight of mine was having a hoarse voice and screaming lets go Redwings with a crowd of more Wings fans than Avs.

Also the drunken girls I sat with trying to start the wave with me and failing at least 50 times.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
It's good to be on this side of essentially a 1-0 game. Petr, Datsyuk and Abby for me .

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Highlight of mine was having a hoarse voice and screaming lets go Redwings with a crowd of more Wings fans than Avs.

Also the drunken girls I sat with trying to start the wave with me and failing at least 50 times.

Nice! Yeah I noticed during the goals how loud the Wings fans were. Way to do us proud, brother.

Big Rig manhandled him. I feel like he was even being nice there. Well, and it's always funny watching guys try to avoid punching a visor.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Judging by this game: Abdelkader is still a bum and Mrazek is clearly better than Howard. Did I do HFBoards right?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Big Rig manhandled him. I feel like he was even being nice there. Well, and it's always funny watching guys try to avoid punching a visor.

MacKinnon should better stick to what he does best: Playing hockey. Big Rig taught him that lesson.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I dont think guys with visor should be allowed to fight like that, I always cringe when I see that. Of course if Ericsson invited him to fight then Big E have to suit himself. Ericsson is bigger than MacKinnon though so maybe it was fair that the "little" guy got a visor to protect himself with.

Hunting Bow*

Judging by this game: Abdelkader is still a bum and Mrazek is clearly better than Howard. Did I do HFBoards right?

Mrarek played very well.
Colorado at times was faster than Detroit.
The defense played a solid game.
Thank Pat for pulling the goalie.
Ericsson had a great fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
Great shut down third period, wasn't expecting it at all. Detroit never really gave up any good chances besides (I think) Redmond missing the net on a great chance in the slot. Why can't every team pull their goalie with 3 minutes left against Detroit

danincanada

Feb 11, 2008
This team seems to be rounding into form. Helm is looking more like his old self, Zetterberg is back after looking terrible for a few weeks before the AS break, and Datsyuk is still magical. Most the of younger guys seem to be gradually improving, too. I like the direction this team is heading.

Maybe MacKinnon thought Ericsson won't/can't fight because he's a Swede because I don't see why he'd pick a fight with him otherwise. Gotta give him props for trying but he bit off more than he could chew there. He's fortunate he had that visor on.

I still question why Abdelkader is on a top line at times because he often doesn't seem to have the skill or hockey sense to gel with Z and Gus all the time and kills some of the plays but overall it does work...I guess. He had a real dominant shift last night and got a huge goal so I'm just going to have to accept that Babs was right and I was wrong. :p:

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
The super skilled guys like Abdelkader with them. If we cloned Abby he'd probably be a regular on the 2nd line. He retrieves pucks, takes a beating in front of the net, plays sound defensively, and occasionally shows he's not chopped liver offensively. He's probably lengthening Z and D's careers by doing grunt work for them.

The guy takes a ton of criticism for not being flashy next to his more talented linemates, but he's the kind of meat and potatoes guy that gets the heavy lifting done each and every shift. The guy is a steal for what he gets paid.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I dont think guys with visor should be allowed to fight like that, I always cringe when I see that. Of course if Ericsson invited him to fight then Big E have to suit himself. Ericsson is bigger than MacKinnon though so maybe it was fair that the "little" guy got a visor to protect himself with.

Since visors are mandatory now that's calling for an end to fighting.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This team seems to be rounding into form. Helm is looking more like his old self, Zetterberg is back after looking terrible for a few weeks before the AS break, and Datsyuk is still magical. Most the of younger guys seem to be gradually improving, too. I like the direction this team is heading.

Maybe MacKinnon thought Ericsson won't/can't fight because he's a Swede because I don't see why he'd pick a fight with him otherwise. Gotta give him props for trying but he bit off more than he could chew there. He's fortunate he had that visor on.

I still question why Abdelkader is on a top line at times because he often doesn't seem to have the skill or hockey sense to gel with Z and Gus all the time and kills some of the plays but overall it does work...I guess. He had a real dominant shift last night and got a huge goal so I'm just going to have to accept that Babs was right and I was wrong. :p:

I think MacKinnon did the right thing. Obviously the Wings Are one of the hottest teams in the league and he tried to fire his team up. It almost worked. We won 1-0 and they had the disallowed goal.

BTW, was it right to disallow the goal? It was a hand pass, though not intended, and it hit a Wings player before it was shot in.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
With a hand pass, the opposing team needs to obtain possession. A puck bouncing off a player isn't considered possession

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad