Post-Game Talk: I hate the Sharks goal horn

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Datsyuk
Nyquist
Niemi

Yeah, Niemi was good enough I have to give him a star.

Really liked the DeKeyser and Smith pairing good change towards the end of the first through the rest of the game, hope Smith is okay and we see it in Nashville.

Sheahan has impressed the heck out of me in this stint. Because of last change he is playing the some big time guys with Z out. Did exceptional against both Getzlaf and Thornton while finding the score sheet, great stuff to see.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Great comeback after an awful start to the game. Didn't really expect that after the disappointing 4 min PP. Great play by Gus and perfect spin-o-rama by Luke. Gotta like that.
Not not to forget the best effort of Pulu I've seen so far. On to the next one, at least a point against the Preds and I'm all good.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Pulkkinen
Glendening
Datsyuk

Pulkkinen really looked like he belongs tonight. A goal and 6 shots in 12 minutes of ice time. And Glendening has 8 goals now. Good for 8th on our team in goal scoring.

Huge win. We looked beyond horrible in the first, but really picked it up and looked great in the 2nd and 3rd. this could have been 6 or 7-2 if it wasn't for Niemi.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
been a long time since the wings have dominated the sharks like they did the last 40 minutes

Yea, looked like a vintage 90's Wings/Sharks game the last two periods. Kept thinking it was Arturs Irbe in net ;)

Great game! Take away that first period and it has to be among our top 3 games of the season.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Datsyuk
Nyquist
Niemi

Yeah, Niemi was good enough I have to give him a star.

Really liked the DeKeyser and Smith pairing good change towards the end of the first through the rest of the game, hope Smith is okay and we see it in Nashville.

Sheahan has impressed the heck out of me in this stint. Because of last change he is playing the some big time guys with Z out. Did exceptional against both Getzlaf and Thornton while finding the score sheet, great stuff to see.

Lol he was literally stealing this game from us. Then Datsyuk stepped in and was like "**** this ****!" I'm gonna **** yer **** up all by myself again."

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Pulkkinen had a fantastic game. A little bit of luck and he would have had 2 goals

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
It was so awesome seeing fans run for the doors when Glendening scored. Running isn't an overstatement.

Overclass*

Aside from the goal scorers I feel Jurco, Weiss, and Nyquist all played great

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
All the Sharks fans could talk about around mr was Helm and how fast he was. Helm looked really good out there.

Pulks took a step forward tonight. He looks like he really belongs.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
So many players worthy of a star tonight. I went with Datsyuk, Helm and Howard (for holding down the fort in the first)
Luke was awesome and probably should have been my third star selection. As I mentioned earlier, I thought it was Weiss's best game of the season, so much more engaged and confident looking tonight.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Is this real life? Did we beat San Jose....????

Pulkkinen had a great game. I honestly have no idea how we fit him on the roster going forward, but I hope we find a way to do so. Easily the best game of his NHL career.

Funny how Niemi saves everything, but then allows that Datsyuk goal to go in. I was really not expecting that win, but I will gladly take it. Luke Glendening the sniper...:yo:

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
Yup. I hope so. Dangerous play.

I was hoping it was unintentional, but after watching that replay id say the evidence is pretty damning.

Edit: not that it excuses what he did, but it looked like smith's hook was right in his junk.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Babcock needs to put Luke on the point of the power play so he can launch bombs with his backhand from back there.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
"Cool hand Luke" is the obvious pun and it's the one they're using on NHL.com. But I think Backhand Luke is more appropriate given how he scores all his goals :laugh:

Pulkkinen had a great game. I honestly have no idea how we fit him on the roster going forward, but I hope we find a way to do so. Easily the best game of his NHL career.

Z/D/Abby
Tats/Sheahan/Nyquist
Franzen/Helm/Pulks
Jurco/Glendening/Weiss

Miller #13

Yeah, it's tough. It's a packed forward group. And no real baddies like we used to have in the past few years. I like every single one of those players.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Z/D/Abby
Tats/Sheahan/Nyquist
Franzen/Helm/Pulks
Jurco/Glendening/Weiss

Miller #13

Yeah, it's tough. It's a packed forward group. And no real baddies like we used to have in the past few years. I like every single one of those players.

Franzen is done.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Great win! The comments I'm reading are spot on, couldn't agree more. The praise for Sheahan, Glendening, Helm, Pulkkinen, Datsyuk is well deserved...I could list the entire lineup every single player was engaged and involved.

I think it's apparent that for the Wings the 1st 10 minutes of any game is a matter of weathering the storm. That's true for all NHL games, they can easily be over in the 1st period. What is helping the Red Wings has got to be superior conditioning. Thinking of these "heavier" teams Winni, LA, Anaheim, San Jose, in my opinion bigger people fatigue easier. There is some advantage in being small and quick like Nyquist and Tatar. Keep hustling and moving those feet the big guys eventually wear out.

I liked that in the 2nd period we began sending pucks at the net from anywhere. The Wings got consistently lobbing, spinning and whipping pucks on net it caused some interesting chances. I believe in making their goalie work, just like the D they have to be ground down over a full 60 min.

Damn I like our team.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Great game -1st period.

Datsyuk
Pookie
Weiss

Great work by Nyquist and Glenny for the winner. Marchenko continues to impress.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Weiss's skating on the forecheck was the hardest I've seen so far. But was anyone else annoyed to hear "what a great play Weiss made on the Pulkkinen goal"? Weiss had a shot blocked and then a goofy saucer pass blocked, "and it somehow made its way to Pulkkinen". Yea because SHEAHAN made an unbelievable quick backhand pass out of traffic to a perfectly open teammate!

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Pulkkinen is going to really good. I can't believe how good his instincts on offense are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad