Post-Game Talk: I hate the Leafs

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
defense sucks. offense is worse. its a bit surprising theyre the same if not worse then last year
I'm not if you think about it, Hronek's big season is taking over for Seider's slumpfest. Kubalik and Perron are picking up Raymond and Bertuzzi's numbers. Husso has been just ok the last while just like Ned fell off some last season. Larkin is playing like Larkin. Then naturally we don't have Vrana again. So we have a similar theme really.

But I don't think they are worse than last year. But with injuries, sophomore slumps. It makes sense.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Ever since we stopped making the playoffs it's always been December where the team's wheels begins to fall off. What is with December? No matter the roster
Probably because it's time when other teams start playing harder and RW just doesn't have it. Compare to previous years our team got bitten but not manhandled. We are moving to right direction

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'm not if you think about it, Hronek's big season is taking over for Seider's slumpfest. Kubalik and Perron are picking up Raymond and Bertuzzi's numbers. Husso has been just ok the last while just like Ned fell off some last season. Larkin is playing like Larkin. Then naturally we don't have Vrana again. So we have a similar theme really.

But I don't think they are worse than last year. But with injuries, sophomore slumps. It makes sense.
Bertuzzi only played 9 games

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Ever since we stopped making the playoffs it's always been December where the team's wheels begins to fall off. What is with December? No matter the roster

The grind of the season starts to hit. The players injured more than a couple games off to recover need games to get going, and the roster players healthy start to wear down.

In addition to the "depth" being less than what people thought it was at the start of the season. Add in sophomore years for Seider and Raymond with a full year of scouting tape to adjust to them and here the team is.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Wow, that’s actually wild. This would be the final year of Abdelkader’s deal.

:laugh:
I seriously had to triplecheck that was the case because honestly I couldn't believe it myself.

Abdelkader would still be on the roster this season and would be the 5th highest paid forward on the team (getting paid more than guys like Fabbri, Suter, Sundqvist, and Erne)

• Haha
Reactions: Ricelund

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The defense pairings are just not working.
Seider needs to play better.
Hronek and Maatta need to be reunited.
Chariot can play on the bottom pair with someone.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This has not happened many times in history of hockey.
Does anyone know what is special about the goal last night?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
This has not happened many times in history of hockey.
Does anyone know what is special about the goal last night?
It was something about it being all from Dmen, Walman with assists to Maatta and Hronek. Think last time it was a combination of Ericsson, Kronwall and Lidstrom. I vaguely remember them bringing it up.

Reactions: 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It was something about it being all from Dmen, Walman with assists to Maatta and Hronek. Think last time it was a combination of Ericsson, Kronwall and Lidstrom. I vaguely remember them bringing it up.
Daniels will bring it up next game.
Mickey: "really"? That doesn't happen often.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
And while we are talking about the stats and dmen.

Just tell Seider every game is played in weekend and none in the weekdays.
Seider has 8 points in 13 weekend's matches and is +2.
He is -16 in the weekdays.
His production is much better on the road than at home.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Man this game really put a lot of people's panties in a twist.

I'm just grateful that we have a team that gives me a little bit of hope at the start of each game. That's a huge improvement over the last several seasons.

And we still have really admirable players, guys I can root for, who I want to root for. We didn't improve by signing shit-heels like Goudas or Tom Wilson, the new additions appear to be really good people.

To me, this season is a can't lose -- either we put the wheels back on and finish the season strong and demonstrate real improvement, or we just spiral into the crapper, and get a top-12 or so draft pick.

I'm going to my one and only game this season on Thursday, to watch us exact vengeance on this Maple Leafs team, and I'm pretty stoked, and I just hope Elmer's back in, and Berggren is still in (shiny new toys), and we can generate more chances, but still suppress shots like we did this game, while staying out the box.

LGRW!!!

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
look on the bright side?

1673252776176.png

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
More interesting stats about dmen.

Both Walman and Oesterle have more goals than assists. This is unusual for the forwards and even moreso for dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad