Post-Game Talk: I hate the Leafs

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Couldnt post my last reply due to the thread being immediately closed, but I think it is pretty disingenuous to try to complain about 8 years of missing the playoffs when Stevie has only been running the show for 3 1/2. He told us to have patience. We have nothing crippling us cap wise. The quality of kids that he's drafted are out performing their draft spots on average. It could be worse, look at Ottawa. They signed Giroux, gave Brady a ton of money, and traded (a #7!) for Debrincat. And they are still wallowing like us. I said it in a different thread, but we have a first year head coach, a whole top 6 line has been unavailable for most of the season, and our future cornerstones are having some growing pains. It will be ok!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Fun fact:

A whole 8 points would put Copp 2nd on the team in scoring and no one would be saying shit about him. So yes, a whole 8 points.

Wondering if the flow of tears will continue in the post game thread. Holy hell.
And it's this bizarre mix of hypocritical BS

Both bitching about the Wings being trash and bitching that the Wings tried to improve when they should have tanked but might still be trash anyway...

Like, make up your mind about whether or not you want to be bad or not.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Fun fact:

A whole 8 points would put Copp 2nd on the team in scoring and no one would be saying shit about him. So yes, a whole 8 points.

Both bitching about the Wings being trash and bitching that the Wings tried to improve but might still be trash...

Give it up, he’s been bad . Yzerman would undo that deal in a heartbeat if he could.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Toronto is more skilled team, that is game difference. Not a bad game overall, we are getting closer to have better position at the draft.
Ned just had 3 very good games at GR, we have 3 good goalkeepers .
Something is off with first line, ether they need more practice or it's not a good combination, I also believe Perron will be traded for cop contender. Our defense looks good, should stay the same till end of the season,except letting Edvinsson few games

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Wrong, even Mick said it was fast-paced and exciting

Eh…

I was switching between the St. Louis/Montreal and Minnesota/Buffalo games. They were fun and dramatic. (Stupid blackout of the Seattle game because of where I’m at Or I’d have put that on too.)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Copp is playing exactly how he's always played apart from a 16 game stretch after he got traded to the Rangers. Why would Yzerman expect him to be anything other than what he's been so far this year?
The bigger question is why would he pay 5 x $5.625M for that?

We all assumed it was so that DBoss will stay, but the end result appears to be a sub .500 team.

Eh…

I was switching between the St. Louis/Montreal and Minnesota/Buffalo games. They were fun and dramatic. (Stupid blackout of the Seattle game because of where I’m at Or I’d have put that on too.)
Seattle put up 8.... it's interesting watching a team actually score.

Reactions: GMR and lilidk

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Wrong, even Mick said it was fast-paced and exciting
It was definitely a fast paced game, liked the physical play as well. Team was certainly engaged. A bit sloppy at times from the Wing's side of things. And with our special teams struggling as they have, PP again tonight, it made the play appear worse. 5 on 5 we hung in there I thought.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Fun fact:

Both bitching about the Wings being trash and bitching that the Wings tried to improve when they should have tanked but might still be trash anyway...

Well, the Wings have the 25th ranked offense in the NHL. The bar has been set really low.

Copp's play isn't terrible. His contract makes him terrible. That was the first real big mistake Yzerman made when signing FA's. It was a very Holland'esque signing.

Assuming Yzerman doesn't have a fire sale before the deadline (Larkin included), then I see this team performing at roughly the same level two years from now.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Yup.

That kind of whining is why I always found it funny for the Wings to dub themselves Hockeytown™. Easy to say when you're winning all the time. Enough losing though and a lot of Wings fans bail until the team gets good again.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016

We all assumed it was so that DBoss will stay, but the end result appears to be a sub .500 team.

Even the best GMs seem to get caught up in UFA scam?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It was definitely a fast paced game, liked the physical play as well. Team was certainly engaged. A bit sloppy at times from the Wing's side of things. And with our special teams struggling as they have, PP again tonight, it made the play appear worse. 5 on 5 we hung in there I thought.
PK was good tonight. I think they killed 4 out of 5.

Reactions: Filppula

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
IDK how you can justify extending Larkin. Wings need to start from scratch and extending Larkin doesn't line up with what Detroit needs to accomplish over the next 4-5 years. Trade away anything that isn't nailed down and then just set yourself up with the best odds at drafting a real foundation. There is no benefit to being the 17th best team in the league. That's what the Wings current core will get you.
Because any young pieces you want to build a team with are better with Larkin around than without him. Let him carry all the leadership duties and let the kids play.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown

Exactly. I know the team has money to spend, but 5 years is a lot for a 3C at that contract. Good luck trading that contract later.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
They are free and when you have money why not use it. I feel like some of you all are forgetting Kubalik and Perron. It's not all bad, and I also am curious to see year two Copp before I write him completely off.

Take a breath people.

This is Copp's 8th full season (assuming he finishes it) in the NHL. We already have year two and three and four. Copp is a mediocre player on a bad team. Next year will be more of the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad