Post-Game Talk: I hate staying up late for a loss

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
after rewatching the highlights its quite apparent that it was all fasth that kept it as a 1 goal game(plus EN)

if it wasnt for him it was a 7-2 win easily

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
in the end a win is a win. How many losses do we have where one of our men scores the GWG.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I gave the three stars to Dats, Abby, and Z. Z mainly because he has had a down year by his standards and hopefully this game will help get him going. Dats had a dominant performance granted though Edmonton had no singular or group of players capable of contending with him. Abby had a solid crash and bang style game. I dislike him in the top 6 however this year has given me a slimmer of hope that he can become a potential net front player in the Detroit mold.

The score of the game stood out to me that Fasth keep them in the game. He really keep his team in it. If he had not played great this game would not have been so close. So kudos to him on the Edm side of things.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I know it's ****ing weird, but I really don't think there's "something else going on". We outshot them 2-1 which implies a lot about outpossessing them. And we saw a good number of high quality scoring chances as well. **** there were at least 4 by Tatar alone that I'm amazed didn't find the back of the net.

I think we're just really really snakebitten right now, combined with loser goalies being extra motivated to prove themselves against us and killing it out there. Just bad luck.

I mean Edmonton looked dangerous on approximately ONE shift in the entire game, and they scored two goals. We looked dangerous on and off all night and struggled to get anything. But that's the way the puck bounces. Hopefully we run out of bad luck soon.

I think Weiss is a great fit for that line. I'd like it to stick together for at least a few more games to see if it starts producing.

There is definitely something going on, and it's that teams are very willing to run a collapsed box against us right now. All of our shifts involve a defenseman on his off side, so half the time our defenseman are handling the puck in the offensive zone, the opposition has that extra second to cover. But more importantly, IMO, our defenseman get very little respect in the offensive zone. And there's little reason that they should. Everyone and their brother are going to prefer that Dekeyser, Ericsson, Smith, et al get off their inaccurate shots than giving that extra second of play to a guy like Nyquist, Datsyuk, or even Franzen still. Teams collapse on us like clockwork now and it's working.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
There is definitely something going on, and it's that teams are very willing to run a collapsed box against us right now. All of our shifts involve a defenseman on his off side, so half the time our defenseman are handling the puck in the offensive zone, the opposition has that extra second to cover. But more importantly, IMO, our defenseman get very little respect in the offensive zone. And there's little reason that they should. Everyone and their brother are going to prefer that Dekeyser, Ericsson, Smith, et al get off their inaccurate shots than giving that extra second of play to a guy like Nyquist, Datsyuk, or even Franzen still. Teams collapse on us like clockwork now and it's working.

Yeah it does suck that the only defender we have that opposing teams respect is Kronwall. But the impression I get from management is that they feel giving up a player like Tatar or Jurco to acquire one isn't worth it as well. Oddly as it may be though because of me being hyper critical of management and coaching quite often I agree with there take on this particular situation.

The DRW imho are 1 2 way or offensive d away from good things. However though all those players that fall into those categories aren't gonna be moved for peanuts. And 99% of the supposed trade board players that are up for "grabs" are not worthy of breaking the bank on in my opinion.

I understand not many share my opinion in this specific manner. But none of the names that ever come up in might be moved scenarios are ever worth what it would take to get them in my eyes. Byfuglien is the closest I would say to being agreeable. However I am of the opinion that he would be better suited as a net front forward and wouldn't really want to see pieces moved for him due to his style and age. He from my memory is 27-28 atm. And most players of his playing style regress something fierce when they hit 32-33 if they do not change there game to adjust for there out of prime years.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I think if we had pulkinnen we'd score more. Right now we're all swedish and no finnish.

Purely for a joke btw, just kept reading about getting pulks in tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad