Post-Game Talk: I hate staying up late for a loss

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Between the refs calling a close game (terrible for an Oilers team that has bad special teams) and Pouliot going for the idiotic spearing after the Oilers tied the game, you could literally see the tank happening.

Its a nice win and all, but I'm not very satisfied. We got 6 PPs against a terrible defensive team and barely squeaked out a win. We continue to have quantity of possession, but not quality.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Combination of Fasth playing great and the Red Wings looking okay has me scratching my head. Not sure what to think. They only had two goals with two minutes left before they got bailed out by a spearing call.

Abdelkader with a great game :)

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
when was the last time we won a game we scored first in? Can't believe it got that dicey against the laughingstock of the league.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Fasth made it tough enough for us. But we got our PP going again and some goals, glad that Luke scored one as well. Oilers goals were given away too easy though, especially the second after missing out the chance to score on one of all the shots. Gotta be more efficient against the flames tmrw.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Game they were supposed to win and they do. Disaster averted at the end there. Thanks Pouliot! lol

Gator
Dats
Quincey

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Combination of Fasth playing great and the Red Wings looking okay has me scratching my head. Not sure what to think. They only had two goals with two minutes left before they got bailed out by a spearing call.

Abdelkader with a great game :)

Yeah this game should have been like 6-1 without Fasth.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Fasth was the only reason the game was even close. Detroit should have easily scored 5-6 goals tonight. Let me add that this game was just depressing to watch, crowds were like those you see at Pistons games. I'll take the two points

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Great game by Gator. Any particular reason they didn't give him another assist on the Datsyuk goal? Should have been a 3pt night for him.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
pfft. You dont know what staying up late for a loss is. Its 6:18am here :banana:

Not the best game, but a win is a win. I'll take it.

Datsyuk
Abdelkader
Quincey

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Great game by Gator. Any particular reason they didn't give him another assist on the Datsyuk goal? Should have been a 3pt night for him.

I also thought he had the assist at first but after seeing a replay i think he never touched it.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I gotta say, Nyquist had a rough game.

I though DeKeyser was fighting it a bit too but he led the team in TOI.

Ouellet is a keeper.

Nice to see Quincey get on the board.

Babcock got Miller out there with Datsyuk. That's pretty awesome. Miller has had a lot of chances and can't buy one. Getting the 4th liners out there with an empty net was a nice move, too.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'm in Canada, so I didn't wtch the game on FSN Detroit, so I don't understand why Ken Daniels is an option in the poll...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad