Post-Game Talk: I hate staying up late for a loss

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
I only caught the last 15 minutes of the third, but tremendously outshot and out chanced 23-8 per FSD... yeah, I'd say those saying Fasth kept it close are probably right.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
They should have won and they did. Collect your 2 points and be ready for tomorrow.

It was nice to see Abby rewarded for his best game since returning from injury and also nice to see Quincey and Glendening rewarded with goals for their year long blue collar work.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Fasth was the only reason the game was even close. Detroit should have easily scored 5-6 goals tonight. Let me add that this game was just depressing to watch, crowds were like those you see at Pistons games. I'll take the two points

You're making no sense.

The Pistons draw crowds?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
That's why I would love to see Pulks given a chance, Depending on how Jurco is maybe we might get our chance to see Pulks.

They're not going to call Pulkkinen up since they play tomorrow night. They'll just use Andersson. Now, if Jurco is out a few weeks, then maybe they'll call him up them.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
They're not going to call Pulkkinen up since they play tomorrow night. They'll just use Andersson. Now, if Jurco is out a few weeks, then maybe they'll call him up them.

Exactly. A lot of comments asking Pulkinnen to come up but there is zero chance of that happening unless its Jurco out for a bit

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Star #1: Ericsson's nut sack

What happened is Abdelkader finally returned to himself. He has consistently been one of our top 5 players this season and I think that last injury set him back.

I don't enjoy watching Weiss on the top line with Datsyuk. I still don't think he's "got it". Thinking of most his goals in the small run he had scoring they were deflections...I don't see what he really contributes. Not a huge fan. After Helm whiffed the feed from Pavel wide I'm not happy with him there either. I propose our 1st line should be Tatar-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, the logic of this should be obvious.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I don't enjoy watching Weiss on the top line with Datsyuk. I still don't think he's "got it". Thinking of most his goals in the small run he had scoring they were deflections...I don't see what he really contributes. Not a huge fan. After Helm whiffed the feed from Pavel wide I'm not happy with him there either.

I watched Weiss put a pass to Datsyuk who mishandled it leaving an open wide net behind him. It happens both ways. I thought Weiss had a pretty good game actually. Below D,Abd,T but still reasonable.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I watched Weiss put a pass to Datsyuk who mishandled it leaving an open wide net behind him. It happens both ways. I thought Weiss had a pretty good game actually. Below D,Abd,T but still reasonable.

You're right, Weiss is a solid hockey player. I guess I just wish Pavel had a true powerhouse winger that could capitalize on the MANY opportunities created playing with the magic man. Babcock switched the lines again late in the 3rd, but ATM I don't think Zetterberg is that much of a greater option. Who is the best fit to take advantage of Datsyuk's dominance this season?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Tatar had a boatload of chances. Frustrating game for him.

Wings Sauce

Nov 2, 2014
Grand Haven, MI
Ken Daniels' "Wooooo" made me snort.

My reaction to the win:
tumblr_nhsmq8awdG1rgjwupo1_400.gif

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Fasth was the only reason the game was even close. Detroit should have easily scored 5-6 goals tonight. Let me add that this game was just depressing to watch, crowds were like those you see at Pistons games. I'll take the two points

We keep saying that against just about every goalie we play against. There must be something else going on. Easy shots, the chances we see not being as good as it seems, predictable game play etc. It shouldn't be this hard to put the puck in the net.

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
I guess 2 points is 2 points. That effort against 28 other teams would probably result in a loss. Edmonton has been playing a lot better as of late (looking on the bright side), but that first period was dreadful to watch. Second period was pretty well played by Detroit. The third was a really inconsistent period by Detroit. Oh well, 2 points

#QuinceyForNorris

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
We keep saying that against just about every goalie we play against. There must be something else going on. Easy shots, the chances we see not being as good as it seems, predictable game play etc. It shouldn't be this hard to put the puck in the net.

I know it's ****ing weird, but I really don't think there's "something else going on". We outshot them 2-1 which implies a lot about outpossessing them. And we saw a good number of high quality scoring chances as well. **** there were at least 4 by Tatar alone that I'm amazed didn't find the back of the net.

I think we're just really really snakebitten right now, combined with loser goalies being extra motivated to prove themselves against us and killing it out there. Just bad luck.

I mean Edmonton looked dangerous on approximately ONE shift in the entire game, and they scored two goals. We looked dangerous on and off all night and struggled to get anything. But that's the way the puck bounces. Hopefully we run out of bad luck soon.

I don't enjoy watching Weiss on the top line with Datsyuk. I still don't think he's "got it". Thinking of most his goals in the small run he had scoring they were deflections...I don't see what he really contributes. Not a huge fan. After Helm whiffed the feed from Pavel wide I'm not happy with him there either. I propose our 1st line should be Tatar-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, the logic of this should be obvious.

I think Weiss is a great fit for that line. I'd like it to stick together for at least a few more games to see if it starts producing.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I don't think Fasth was the reason it was close. Wings just couldn't bury their chances. Lots of Tatar's chances were just misses and pretty sure he hit a post as well. Or flubbed passes on a 2 on 1. We had a ton of shots but most of them weren't all that dangerous.

Need more finish. Or perhaps... *Finnish.*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad