GDT: I forgot the GDT, so here's a late one

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I think he’s probably worth 8.5 with the cap increasing, even at a lower production. It’s the term for me with him being older. I think he’s got four or five years left. If it puts us over the top then it’s probably worth it, but that’s a tough pill to swallow if it doesn’t.
Agreed plus if the Borg was going to “accept” 3 years of end of contract sub play, they should have signed tro. He is having a solid year points wise plus has an outstanding FO %.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
i don’t believe trocheck is a big of a miss as everyone else. He is collecting a lot of points passing to bread man this year.

I don’t think tro would have half the assists passing to Necas and Bunting. He has scored 6 ES goals.

Despite all that talent on the line, it isn’t very good defensively either

Reactions: Daeavorn and Tryamw

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i don’t believe trocheck is a big of a miss as everyone else. He is collecting a lot of points passing to bread man this year.

I don’t think tro would have half the assists passing to Necas and Bunting. He has scored 6 ES goals.

Despite all that talent on the line, it isn’t very good defensively either
That’s really irrelevant to the conversation as Trocheck has always been a very solid two center and was so during his time here.

He’d be scoring like he did here while having a solid on ice presence regardless of points and great on draws.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
That’s really irrelevant to the conversation as Trocheck has always been a very solid two center and was so during his time here.

He’d be scoring like he did here while having a solid on ice presence regardless of points and great on draws.
Spot on…..:Tro #1 plus his physicality is beneficial too (x penalties of course).

1705525902096.png

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

I don’t find it irrelevant when you consider his price, likely points scored to this point, age, contract, PIM, and etc. the whole package to be considered.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don’t find it irrelevant when you consider his price, likely points scored to this point, age, contract, PIM, and etc. the whole package to be considered.
You made a comment about how the defense was lacking when we already know he’s good both ways. So the fact that some metrics with his current linemates aren’t at the level you’d like doesn’t make any sense. Saying his points make his deal look good seems equally irrelevant as he was worth his AAV when he left us with less points. The issue was the term at his age. It wasn’t too much AAV to stay with us.

You’re basing his worth off his play in NY when we already knew his worth from here. You’re also predicting his pts based on NY production when you can just base it off what he already did for us.

When we’re talking about whether or not he was worth keeping to me it’s based on what he did with us. What he’s done since is obvious. He plays with high skill players in an offensive system, like Lindy he’s scoring more pts now. That was easy to see coming. Of course it would be less with us, but it would be solid for a 2C.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
You made a comment about how the defense was lacking when we already know he’s good both ways. So the fact that some metrics with his current linemates aren’t at the level you’d like doesn’t make any sense. Saying his points make his deal look good seems equally irrelevant as he was worth his AAV when he left us with less points. The issue was the term at his age. It wasn’t too much AAV to stay with us.

You’re basing his worth off his play in NY when we already knew his worth from here. You’re also predicting his pts based on NY production when you can just base it off what he already did for us.

When we’re talking about whether or not he was worth keeping to me it’s based on what he did with us. What he’s done since is obvious. He plays with high skill players in an offensive system, like Lindy he’s scoring more pts now. That was easy to see coming.
If we are talking about what he did with us, then it’s fairly arguable that he wasn’t worth keeping. He took a lot of penalties that set us back, he wasn’t overly impactful in the playoffs even in his last year when he scored 10 points, and never meshed with anyone on the roster.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad