Post-Game Talk: i don't like this team right now (Mod warning post #93)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
This is what losing looks like, folks. Hope those wanting a tank are liking what they're seeing because you'll see a lot more of this for years to come. Enjoy.

No one here has ever, or would ever, say that losing is what they want to see on the ice. Some people are just a little more realistic, in my view, of what will return the team to prominence. You can only squeeze so much water from a sponge until it's bone dry. Holland is still trying thinking he's going to get water. That's the problem, and it's only prolonging the misery. He needs to go.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well even the Islanders put up 4 goals and 32 shots against the Blackhawks tonight and supposedly they're worse than us.:laugh:

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Zetterberg: "It's 2-1 going into the 3rd, it's not like we lost the game there"

Yes you did Z... yes you did

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
People who wanted to 'lose' didn't want it to be like this (obviously). This isn't rebuilding, this is a failure of a season by an overrated GM. A rebuilding season has a lot of losing, but it's for the greater good, this losing is just illustrating how bad Holland is now.

Geeve

Dec 6, 2016
Problem is the management all drinks the same Kool aid. Even the media, where are the tough questions. They need a Montreal or Toronto media bashing the bad decisions or moves. They act like they are on the cusp of a cup run, never mind a wildcat spot. "We just need to execute our game", no you need a team revamp. They are just starting to talk bout being in trouble. But it will be ok with Helm back is their response instead of we need to make moves. Just sad.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Sure they have.

I'll give you an analogy: I don't want to get a flu vaccine. I hate needles. I hate that it makes my arm sore. I hate that I sometimes feel rundown afterwards. I still get it, because I do not want to get the flu. I know getting one will mean I will avoid the other.

I do not want to see the Wings have a losing season or two. I don't want to have to see the youth struggle. I don't want to know going into a season that there is no way they will contend. But I really don't want to watch the next Flames or Leafs team that treads water, with no plan, no future and nothing but BS coming out of the GM.

I have to accept my medicine if I want to avoid the thing I really don't want.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Mike is gonna drive home to his beautiful wife, looking in the mirror to see his pretty bruises & thinking, "well, that was totally worth it!"

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
People who wanted to 'lose' didn't want it to be like this (obviously). This isn't rebuilding, this is a failure of a season by an overrated GM. A rebuilding season has a lot of losing, but it's for the greater good, this losing is just illustrating how bad Holland is now.

We have the most expensive roster in the league and are one of the worst teams. People who think this is the right course of action are delusional. Like I said before, I fully expect them to suggest we forgo our top 10 draft pick because that would indicate we are tanking. Better to pretend we're not one of the worst teams in the league by only picking in the back half of the first round.

It's nonsensical, but this appears to perfectly match their thinking.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Well even the Islanders put up 4 goals and 32 shots against the Blackhawks tonight and supposedly they're worse than us.:laugh:

We are by far and away the worst team in the league, Hell I don't think this team could be okay even in the AHL at this point. I really do think the Grifs would beat this team.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I know the answer.

JOE VITALE What an acquisition. When he gets healthy man watch out!

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

The point is a lot of folks were calling for Holland to tank this past offseason (and season's prior). Don't sign players like Helm or Nielsen and simply eat Datsyuk's contract, etc. These very same people are now upset this team is losing, which to me makes no sense. You're getting exactly what you wanted, didn't you? Who cares what the GM's intent was. You're getting the precious loses you so desired. You should be happy. The team is moving in the direction you wanted. You'll get your high draft pick!

Buckle up, though. There's way more losing in the years to come. :)

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
The point is a lot of folks were calling for Holland to tank this past offseason (and season's prior). Don't sign players like Helm or Nielsen and simply eat Datsyuk's contract, etc. These very same people are now upset this team is losing, which to me makes no sense. You're getting exactly what you wanted, didn't you? Who cares what the GM's intent was. You're getting the precious loses you so desired. You should be happy. The team is moving in the direction you wanted. You'll get your high draft pick!

Yes it does, actually. Because by virtue of signing Helm, trading Datsyuk and signing Nielsen, extending Abdelkader, etc. Holland is not rebuilding. He mismanaging assets. He could have traded Helm and Abdelkader for picks/prospects. He could have kept the higher draft pick and went with a better talent. Instead he made moves that were meant to extend the streak, and that looks like a pipe dream. So we get to watch the same exact pain, without any of the profit. So literally it's the opposite of what people were calling for.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Trashill needs to be fired. This team lacks structure any energy and motivation.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Right, except now we're losing and we're saddled with a bunch of terrible contracts and we have a GM who will not embrace a rebuild. It's completely different. No one wanted to lose, just to lose, we wanted to lose for a purpose. There is no purpose to this losing, therefore, people are upset.

If you want to believe Holland will do the correct things to fix the team, go for it, but a lot of people don't, so people are angry. Hope that clears it up for you.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Can you imagine if we didn't have that 6 game winning streak at the beginning of the season? And by the way this team has been playing lately they shouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad