Post-Game Talk: i don't like this team right now (Mod warning post #93)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
This is what losing looks like, folks. Hope those wanting a tank are liking what they're seeing because you'll see a lot more of this for years to come. Enjoy.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
100% percent of the shots you don't take don't go in.

--Wayne Gretzky

Pppppppppppffffffffffffhhhhhhhhh!

--Jeff Trashill

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Even if Blashill was the worst coach that ever lived I wouldn't expect the guys to play as bad as they have. The players look like someone told them to tank. But Holland literally went on record 2 months ago and said how unreliable tanking is and he and the owner's won't condone it.

So i just have no ****ing idea what is going on.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
This is what losing looks like, folks. Hope those wanting a team are liking what they're seeing because you'll see a lot more of this for years to come. Enjoy.

Yeah, i just wanted to get the ball rolling 3-4 years ago.

Now hopefully the garbage GM that created this roster goes out and trades Vanek and Green for some draft picks.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
In need for some points? Just get down to the Joe & grab your two on a plate.

4 home games, three lost 4-1, one lost 1-0. 3 Goals. 13 Goals Against. That's fun.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

Even if Blashill was the worst coach that ever lived I wouldn't expect the guys to play as bad as they have. The players look like someone told them to tank. But Holland literally went on record 2 months ago and said how unreliable tanking is and he and the owner's won't condone it.

it's called a coach that has completely lost the team

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
If you're expecting to make the playoffs, you're in the wrong league.

h3jY6gu.jpg

:sarcasm:

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Took a few games off and I come back to this crap... Atleast Mickey is entertaining

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
This is what its like to see a coach that can not run successful systems in the NHL on a team without enough talent. Having a bad coach or lack of talent and trying to make the playoffs is hard, trying to play with both is hopeless.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is what losing looks like, folks. Hope those wanting a tank are liking what they're seeing because you'll see a lot more of this for years to come. Enjoy.

We were bound to become losers eventually, whether it was intentional or not. But does it make it any better that we got here unintentionally? Idk.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

It's what losing looks like. It isn't what rebuilding looks like.

Toronto can't stop losing this year either, but they're hella fun to watch for their fans because they get to watch Matthews, marner, Nylander, Reilly every night (each of whom are better than anyone in our team except maybe green and z), and they know once those players enter their prime they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

We get to watch a bunch of 3rd liners signed seemingly forever mixed in with Athanasiou, mantha, and Larkin, where the former two get limited ice time and Larkin looks to have taken a step back from his rookie season

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
I was gonna head down to Detroit to see a "Farewell to the Joe" game in April. If they keep playing like this it won't be worth the money and I'll stay home.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

I don't see why players would harm their future salary potential by intentionally throwing games. Tanking is a management decision that makes the team intentionally uncompetitive.

Holland's managing to do it while still trying to be competitive. GOAT folks. :laugh:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I'm sure we can still find a way to blame this on the defense, right?

I'm not sure this team has leadership.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
We were bound to become losers eventually, whether it was intentional or not. But does it make it any better that we got here unintentionally? Idk.

It doesn't. It makes Holland look delusional. I would rather know that management understands that a rebuild is needed and actually take the necessary steps to facilitate it. Every move to this point shows that Holland truly believes the ******** that falls out of his mouth and that scares me. Because what takes longer than a failed rebuild? A GM that keeps trying to make that "one move" necessary to keep the team's head above water (look at Toronto up until a couple years ago for what that looks like).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad