Post-Game Talk: I don't care how, just keep winning.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
1. Tatar
2. Lashoff
3. Howard

I was extremely impressed with Lashoff's play in our own end. He made an outstanding play on Hall taking away a breakaway and he's by far our best defenceman at clearing out the front of the net.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Where's the howard haters?
I'm gonna keep asking where players have gone if they keep doing what tatar did after that.

Most intense game i've ever seen. But for what it's worth, two points. On to the next (hopefully "little bit" better) one!

Didn't seem very intense at all to me. The first two periods were some of the most boring hockey I've ever seen. Just wait until sunday if you want intense.

Last edited:

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
I don't know if we'll be able to get that kind of luck against chicago twice, but we ALWAYS show up to those games. Either way, it's gonna be an incredible game to watch.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
big props to howard in the shootout. people always seem to give him crap when he lets in shootout goals, but never gets credit when he stops them all

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
When Pulkkinen got 2 shots on that PP and they were both on net.
happy-baby-turtle-is-happy-big.jpg

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Didn't seem very intense at all to me. The first two periods were some of the most boring hockey I've ever seen. Just wait until sunday if you want intense.

Tried to underline that, guessed the exaggeration made that clear. :sarcasm: As this one wasn't even intense at all, only waiting for the oilers' tie to come...

NyquistIsMyGod*

Listening to Maltby's interview the other day, can definitely see what he was talking about, regarding liking Pulkkinen better because he's not afraid of physical play, or going to the hard areas.

But this season is really making me a Sheahan fan. The more I see him, the more I like.

I am pretty firmly on the Sheahan hype train. Shades of young Kesler?

And Tatar with a sick, sick shootout goal. Nice job from the kids. Howard got it done, too.

Like "young Kesler" should say then. As bench put it.

Young Kesler had wheels.

Like the J. Staal comparison though

As have I. Earlier today I called him a Berglund-Kesler. Obviously he's not as fast as Kesler, doesn't shoot first, but he has a type of modl between the two of them, likely during his peak years. I thought his ceiling would be a #3C top, but I could see him being a strong two-way 50 point second liner.

I really wish he would start shooting. He has the best shot between Jurco and Tatar. His hands are underrated. Really needs to start shooting more like a young Jordan Staal mentioned above.

I think next year he could get some wing action, and I'm completely fine with that for a year or so. Long-term, centre. Right now, I'd totally be fine with him on the wing of Dats and/or Z for example.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think next year he could get some wing action, and I'm completely fine with that for a year or so. Long-term, centre. Right now, I'd totally be fine with him on the wing of Dats and/or Z for example.

We've seen his excellent shot a few times this year and it is drool-worthy.

Also, while I'm sure he'd do fine on their wing, seeing as how he's basically our only young center with top6 potential, I'd rather he get more experience there as the 3C. Move him up when there are injuries. But taking faceoffs, center-awareness and positioning, I'd much rather he keep working on that and gaining center experience. We've got *plenty* of excellent top9 wingers. We don't need to convert Sheahan.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I don't see the Kesler comparison at all. Kesler played a very in your face, physical, gritty game. Sheahan is strong on the puck, on the boards, and defensively, but he's not a physical, agitating presence. He's more smarts than a non-stop motor. Jordan Staal is a real good comparison.

NyquistIsMyGod*

We've seen his excellent shot a few times this year and it is drool-worthy.

Also, while I'm sure he'd do fine on their wing, seeing as how he's basically our only young center with top6 potential, I'd rather he get more experience there as the 3C. Move him up when there are injuries. But taking faceoffs, center-awareness and positioning, I'd much rather he keep working on that and gaining center experience. We've got *plenty* of excellent top9 wingers. We don't need to convert Sheahan.

But he doesn't shoot much. He'll force the feed at times. He has speed + size. He needs to cut in more and shoot. His wrist shot is one of the best on the team.

I see Pavel Datsyuk-Stephen Weiss-David Legwand-Darren Helm starting next season in the mdidle. I just wouldn't mind Sheahan having the ability to go play with Dats and learn a thing or two from him. I think he'd learn more to his offensive game and getting to work with Dats daily has got to help you out. I'm sure he'd still get time in the middle however.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really wish he would start shooting. He has the best shot between Jurco and Tatar. His hands are underrated. Really needs to start shooting more like a young Jordan Staal mentioned above.

It's kind of crazy to me for some reason, but I would agree. I think he does have the best shot of those 3 right now.

Feel like if you had said that at the start of this season you would have gotten crucified too. But IMO that's correct.

Sheahan can finish. Really would like him to play the same role as Franzen in the PP in the future. Think he's great in front of the net, switching off to go down low, and come back.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
But he doesn't shoot much. He'll force the feed at times. He has speed + size. He needs to cut in more and shoot. His wrist shot is one of the best on the team.

I see Pavel Datsyuk-Stephen Weiss-David Legwand-Darren Helm starting next season in the mdidle. I just wouldn't mind Sheahan having the ability to go play with Dats and learn a thing or two from him. I think he'd learn more to his offensive game and getting to work with Dats daily has got to help you out. I'm sure he'd still get time in the middle however.

Yeah, I am kind of town between wing or center for him, I think either could work.

If the idea is to have him play the same role as Abdelkader, but with better finishing, I think that may work.

I have 0 hope for Weiss though. Hasn't played meaningful hockey in 3 years.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Yeah, I am kind of town between wing or center for him, I think either could work.

If the idea is to have him play the same role as Abdelkader, but with better finishing, I think that may work.

I have 0 hope for Weiss though. Hasn't played meaningful hockey in 3 years.

Pretty much, yes. However if you start Zetterberg and Datsyuk together, + Weiss is out, I'd like to see Sheahan playing with more skilled top six veterans. I'd LOVE to see him with Johan Franzen. I feel like they could work well together. Kind of have the styles to mesh well. You could do what the plan was with Stephen Weiss this season.

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Justin Abdelkader
Johan Franzen-Riley Sheahan-Daniel Alfredsson/Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Tatar-David Legwand-Daniel Alfredsson/Gustav Nyquist
Drew Miller-Darren Helm-Justin Abdelkader

Regardless, I think he needs to play a bit more selfish. I'd really like to see him on another line as well, despite the success of the kid line., Mule likes to cycle the puck which could create some really havoc with Sheahan. In 14/15, Sheahan should play everywhere in the top nine. Shifts on the wing and in the middle. Top line with Datsyuk, centering Tomas Tatar on line three, working with Johan Franzen on line two, etc.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Pretty much, yes. However if you start Zetterberg and Datsyuk together, + Weiss is out, I'd like to see Sheahan playing with more skilled top six veterans. I'd LOVE to see him with Johan Franzen. I feel like they could work well together. Kind of have the styles to mesh well. You could do what the plan was with Stephen Weiss this season.

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Justin Abdelkader
Johan Franzen-Riley Sheahan-Daniel Alfredsson/Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Tatar-David Legwand-Daniel Alfredsson/Gustav Nyquist
Drew Miller-Darren Helm-Justin Abdelkader

Regardless, I think he needs to play a bit more selfish. I'd really like to see him on another line as well, despite the success of the kid line., Mule likes to cycle the puck which could create some really havoc with Sheahan. In 14/15, Sheahan should play everywhere in the top nine. Shifts on the wing and in the middle. Top line with Datsyuk, centering Tomas Tatar on line three, working with Johan Franzen on line two, etc.

I like Abdelkader and a healthy Helm together. I wouldn't want Abdelkader double shifted on the top line though. If Weiss is able to return to an effective hockey player and some form of Legwand, Weiss, and Helm center lines 2-4, I'd love to see Sheahan get an opportunity alongside Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I like Abdelkader and a healthy Helm together. I wouldn't want Abdelkader double shifted on the top line though. If Weiss is able to return to an effective hockey player and some form of Legwand, Weiss, and Helm center lines 2-4, I'd love to see Sheahan get an opportunity alongside Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Really didn't mean to list Abby twice. Honestly, you could use Tomas Jurco on that first line with the two of them. I think that would be a good fit.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Tried to underline that, guessed the exaggeration made that clear. :sarcasm: As this one wasn't even intense at all, only waiting for the oilers' tie to come...

Haha I was hoping it was sarcasm, but if someone had only seen parts of the third or the overtime they might have actually thought so.

Johnz96*

TOI

Glendening 17:36
Miller 14:02
Pulkkula 7:36
:naughty:

Pulkinnen looked great to me. A better look for evaluation would habe been appreciated. He even had a nice hit. I'm sure a few minutes alloted to Glendening and Miller wouldn't have the team's chances, in fact I think quite the opposite.
He's been on fire lately, he is pumped from the call up and lookled great in every shift. Certainly made more of an impression in 7:36 than they did in 31:38. Glendening had a nice chance breaking in on the goalie but as usual no finish.

5'11" 185

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad