Post-Game Talk: I don't care how, just keep winning.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
How pissed is Brendan Smith that we won and how much money do you guys think he had on the Oilers?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Howard, Sheahan, Tatar.

Not necessarily in that order, but those were the only 3 good players tonight. Sheahan is shaping up to be *quite* the center. I like him a lot. Howard made all the saves necessary tonight, save for that Smith gift in the slot which is completely unfair for him to be expected to stop.

Tatar obvy, amazing setup + shootout winner + that compete all night. He's a feisty little ******* and I love him for it.

That said, we just *barely* beat the second worst team in the entire league. What is wrong with this team? Even with Z/D out, we should not be struggling like this. OUR POWER PLAY SUCKS DONKEY BALLS.

Also, disagreeing with the thread title here since I want us to win in ROW. We're way behind in that category and it's looking like a really really really tight race. It might very well come down to that tiebreaker.

Last edited:

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
The real question is how would it have been Howard's fault if his team didn't score one goal in the shootout and only one in regulation and overtime?

I'm only half-joking

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
We made it harder than it should have been, but the win is all that matters right now. Pulkkinen looked good in his first game.

1. Tatar
2. Sheahan
3. Howard

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
If the NHL cut down games by 1 period we'd be a solid team.

Tatar
Sheahan
Howard

One of the worst NHL games I've seen all season. :help:

Any game where we win now will be the best NHL games I've seen all season. Even if they're boring as hell like this one.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Tatar Sauce! So filthy, even Indians needs something to cool down.

Now, please just keep putting the youngster in the SO. At least they try something, and don't just shoot.

One of the worst games I've ever seen. Actually fell asleep twice, even though the hours-difference is just 5 hours now. Think we played better when we lost with 7 or 8 against Columbus some years ago.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Howard would have had a shutout if Smith had not decided to make an area pass to not one but two oilers in the slot.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
What a shot by Tatar. Howard was big tonight as well. Any chance we can make the 2nd PP unit the first one? At least Tatar and Pulkkinen are willing to shoot. Bet if those two were on the PP in OT we wouldn't have had to go to a shootout.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
How pissed is Brendan Smith that we won and how much money do you guys think he had on the Oilers?

If I was the coach I would put Smith out there for the shootout and tell him if he doesn't score his career here is done.

Kutas*

Babcock really ****ted his pants tonight. Howard seems he will find that great shootou performance again + Tatar's awesome move. Important two points.

Alffie and Pulkkinen can chance their places next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad