Post-Game Talk: I don't care how, just keep winning.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Franzen was awful to start the season. Awful. And that was coming off an underwhelming end to the previous season and his playoff monster reputation being pretty much gone.

Franzen's start to the season:
13 GP, 5 Pts (.38 p/g), -2

He then missed 11 days, came back and has done the following with another injury in between:

26 GP, 29 Pts (1.12 p/g), +12

Two completely different players.

When you say he had an underwhelming end to the last season I assume you actually meant simply the playoffs because otherwise you're just dead wrong. In the last 13 reg. season games last year he was exactly a PPG and he was a main contributor on getting us into the playoffs.

I agree he wasn't great in the playoffs but he still managed to be tied second in goals scored.

Still, talking of buying him out was ridiculous then and it's ridiculous now.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Franzen was awful to start the season. Awful. And that was coming off an underwhelming end to the previous season and his playoff monster reputation being pretty much gone.

Franzen's start to the season:
13 GP, 5 Pts (.38 p/g), -2

He then missed 11 days, came back and has done the following with another injury in between:

26 GP, 29 Pts (1.12 p/g), +12

Two completely different players.

Yet it is crazy to think of buying him out.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
That's what's frustrating about this board sometimes.

We all know Franzen is streaky, or at least we all should know that. We know when he's not on his game that he's not a huge liability but doesn't seem to make much of an impact on the game at all.

We know that when Franzen is on his game, he's a dominant force and top level offensive talent.

And yet every year when he's on a cold streak people get antsy. And every year people seem shocked when he turns it on and dominates games.

He is what he is. He's paid like what he is. I don't understand the Franzen frustration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad