Post-Game Talk: I’d rather have gone to the dentist for a root canal

Which team do you dislike playing more?

• Total voters

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Assuming Drais injury isn’t severe enough that playing him will drastically impact his career, I don’t agree with this at all. They’re not playing Drai so he can catch up to Matthews, they’re playing Drai to clinch a playoff spot. The Oilers haven’t locked up a playoff spot yet, contrary to what playoff prediction sites say. They need Drai in these games as they’re still close to “must win” games. Two or three regulation losses in a row and the Oilers will see themselves on the fence again.
I mean we’re still trying to get a playoff spot locked down and the possibility of falling to the last WC spot is still a thing. We need drai out there to help win games, not beat Matthews in a goal scoring race.

We are on a 2 game losing streak heading into a tough few games still. We need all hands on deck.

Unless drai has a serious injury of coarse.
I'm honestly not even worried about falling out of the top 3 of the Pacific. I realize we're not in until we get that x by our name but it would take something catastrophic for us to fall out completely. There's something up with Drai, and I think he's still not quite healed. We do need all hands on deck but we brought in depth forwards for a reason. If McDrai is the only way this team can win, this is going to be a really short playoffs.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I want Hartman to fight Kane one on one. Not when he is fighting two other Wild players. Stick the finger at a player but can't go toe to toe? This rat is getting his fine paid off on Twitter.

I don't know if thats cool or embarrassing

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Also, if Drai is hurt then f***ing sit him. He's not catching Matthews and playing isn't going to help him heal up.
Yes, this. I said this multiple times but when I did, I've been called Dr. Duke or something :rolleyes:

Maybe you can be my associate, Dr. Keith and Dr. Drivesaitl will join our team of fine HF Medical Professionals to ensure Leon gets sufficient rest for the playoffs ;)

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
Yes, this. I said this multiple times but when I did, I've been called Dr. Duke or something :rolleyes:

Maybe you can be my associate, Dr. Keith and Dr. Drivesaitl will join our team of fine HF Medical Professionals to ensure Leon gets sufficient rest for the playoffs ;)

Facebook University is a top institution for social media medical degrees!

Reactions: Duke74

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I know the loss wasn't because Koskinen was bad but I think Smith should be started in the next couple of games. I don't know why but Mikko just looked disinterested last game especially on that third goal.

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
I'm honestly not even worried about falling out of the top 3 of the Pacific. I realize we're not in until we get that x by our name but it would take something catastrophic for us to fall out completely. There's something up with Drai, and I think he's still not quite healed. We do need all hands on deck but we brought in depth forwards for a reason. If McDrai is the only way this team can win, this is going to be a really short playoffs.
The Oilers remaining schedule is extremely tough so if something catastrophic were to happen, this would be it. If they can win 2 out of the next 3 games against crucial opponents, then sitting Drai make perfect sense.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The only team I hate playing more than Minne is Dallas. Both teams just seem to be our Daddy for some reason. I don't even think either is particular a world beater, they just neutralize us so well.

Reactions: Oilers 322

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
The only team I hate playing more than Minne is Dallas. Both teams just seem to be our Daddy for some reason. I don't even think either is particular a world beater, they just neutralize us so well.

Agreed. Although I would rather the Oilers play Dallas than Minny.

Reactions: North Cole

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
its a hand/wrist injury not a knee leg injury. there is no way he misses both those 1 timers last night, plus the LA game he took off his glove and it was all taped up like a mummy

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I want Hartman to fight Kane one on one. Not when he is fighting two other Wild players. Stick the finger at a player but can't go toe to toe? This rat is getting his fine paid off on Twitter.

I don't know if thats cool or embarrassing
I'd be more concerned about Kane being in the middle of a pile of wild players and no one on his own team coming in there to help out.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Literally every Oilers player had someone tied up on the ice. Even big softy McLeod was tying someone up.
better late than never...
Jebus does this belong in the JP thread. Just another poster who makes sh**t up and calls it all wrong consistantely cuz they default to inaccurate stats. Didn't you say Broberg was our best dman one nite:laugh:

Remember Hyman's 2 goal game? Did he get those goals by "goalsucking? My guess is you probably have zero clue how those goals were generated?

In no way shape or form will I come out and say Hyman had a good game tonite, but even a comatose, blind, head trauma'ed patient can see who plays where

Hyman works below the goalline and behind the net. Literally MULTIPLE times per game he is the guy busting his ass behind the net and fighting to get it out

But the all ELITE Puljujarvi NEVER goes back there, or beats a man silly to skate it out. Yet you are one of the culprits in the JP thread praising JP and his "defensive prowess" while sitting here with a straight face claiming Hyman goal sucks

Get a grip on reality son

Oh ya, let's pile on Woodcroft too. He plays Hyman on the PK and last minute cuz he's a goal suck while JP and his all encompassing defensive genuis sit on the bench. Woodcroft is sabotaging the team, let's go with that

'
Where did I say that about Broberg? I just finished saying in a post Broberg's development curve is awful and his future as an NHL defenseman isn't a sure thing... that people need to lower their expectations not just on Broberg but other prospects. Look it up. It's very recent.

When I see Hyman do something well I mention it. When he's not, I mention it. I just raved his fabulous shift against the L.A. Kings. Look it up. It's very recent. Problem is this player has had a handful of good shifts all year. The media can't stop blowing smoke up his ass. That leads to the fanbase blowing smoke up Hyman's ass.

When I see Puljujarvi do something well I mention it. When he's not, I mention it. I just posted that Puljujarvi looks like he's playing with two busted thumbs and that if he could finish at an average rate McDavid would run away with the Hart Trophy. Recent. Look it up.

I forgive you for your mistakes.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
its a hand/wrist injury not a knee leg injury. there is no way he misses both those 1 timers last night, plus the LA game he took off his glove and it was all taped up like a mummy
If it's a hand/wrist injury why could he barely skate when he got hurt? Why was he limping? There is no evidence that his injury is not lower body.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Really? I don’t think you remember game 3 as clearly. I’d suggest re-watching it. I think your boy Carey would have struggled to make the “saves needed” as well.

lol did you watch the Leafs series? Price carried them hard and then destroyed Hellybuck head to head.

The Oilers are unlikely to win a playoff round with .912 ... I suggest you watch Talbot's round 1 vs. San Jose or Roloson's round 1 vs. Detroit for a refresher.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
If it's a hand/wrist injury why could he barely skate when he got hurt? Why was he limping? There is no evidence that his injury is not lower body.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was nursing three injuries. This is one of the best players in the history of the game and this franchise won't rest him. I'm pissed.

Reactions: Duke74

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
lol did you watch the Leafs series? Price carried them hard and then destroyed Hellybuck head to head.

The Oilers are unlikely to win a playoff round with .912 ... I suggest you watch Talbot's round 1 vs. San Jose or Roloson's round 1 vs. Detroit for a refresher.
That was then, this is now. And for a 34 year old with a ton of miles on him and being unable to play for an entire year, it makes it especially tough to come back. What a difference a year makes . Another ring around Caey's age circle and he looks like he's banged up enough to really start to go down. I think last year was his last great hurrah. But you can get him for the miserly sum of only 10.5 million for the next 4 years. A huge no thanks.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

The Leafs also choked. It wasn’t just goaltending

I think you might get your wish to see your hero in Oilers silks though, Shane O’Brien (doubt he’s very connected) and Lebrun (he is though) have both speculated lately that if he continues to play, there may be mutual interest (Lebrun also named the Avs if Grubaeur doesn’t work out or doesn’t sign). Then the Oilers will have his boat anchor for another 4 seasons

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
But it should not be this way. I don't think there's an Oiler fan out there that isn't aware of the ongoing history with the Wild. There was already a sort of resignation on this board yesterday that the inevitable would happen again. The players and organization should also be aware of this, and if they can up their game to play equal to the Avalanche, then they need to do that with every other team. There are no nights off and the way they played Colorado is the way it needs to be all the time. Maybe just an unrealistic expectation, but there are no future Cups this way.
I don't think that we played overly poorly outside of some absolute brain sharts in our own end, I just feel like they create match-up problems for us because of their size, speed and skill. Sometimes teams just have other teams numbers, hopefully IF we meet in the postseason that changes.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I still don't feel like the Oilers brought their best in any game against the Wild this year. Every time we play them, the games are much more important to the Wild.

That said, it would be nice if the Wild somehow finish in WC1 position.

Reactions: CornKicker

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Whole game the team played weak on the stick and the boards. Definitely wasn't just on the 4 players mentioned in the OP. They owe Kosko one for that craptastic failure.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Leafs also choked. It wasn’t just goaltending

I think you might get your wish to see your hero in Oilers silks though, Shane O’Brien (doubt he’s very connected) and Lebrun (he is though) have both speculated lately that if he continues to play, there may be mutual interest (Lebrun also named the Avs if Grubaeur doesn’t work out or doesn’t sign). Then the Oilers will have his boat anchor for another 4 seasons

He's not my hero lol, the Oilers aren't going anywhere with just .912 goaltending in the playoffs I don't think.

They never have won anything in the playoffs ever without stellar goaltending outside of those 80s teams so this whole "maybe our make shift goaltending will work!" thing ... I doubt it.

Even LA if the Oilers make the playoffs ... odds are will be a hard series that the Oilers could certainly lose if Quick outplays Smith or Koskinen (would surprise no one if that happened).

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
why did he show up for warm up vs SJ and skate perfectly fine then shut it down?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad