Proposal: Hypothetical: Jonathan Drouin's agent goes to Kent Hughes and offers a 1yr extension at league min. Do you accept it?

Re-sign J. Drouin to a 750,000 NMC contract?

• Yes

Votes: 70 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 293 80.7%

• Total voters

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Abort mission, let’s give Drou-Drou a contract.

meet-the-parents-robert-de-niro.jpg

• Love
Reactions: the

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Ask Stevie Y?
JD gave him the stink eye when SY told him to work on play without the puck and sent him to the AHL.

Our only hope for a late round pick or a bag of pucks is if the Av’s think he and McKinnon can rekindle some magic. Don’t hold your breath.
If he can start producing on the PP between now and TDL then there's a chance a team with a weak PP might take a flyer on him. But that means our PP has to turn it around, Drouin has to be productive, and a playoff team has to have an "open" spot on a bad PP. There's just too many ifs to think it's likely but he's always been streaky and is currently on a streak of 6 points in 7 games and there's another 20 games before the TDL so it could happen, I just wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Just this once

Feb 22, 2019
If there are roster space expected, yes.

Reason is it is short term, you won't get a better deal money wise and it would increase his value which is probably zero right now. Basically you could trade him at the deadline for more than now if it is even possible.

Ps: just saw NMC. I guess not in that case, better to move on.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
If he can start producing on the PP between now and TDL then there's a chance a team with a weak PP might take a flyer on him. But that means our PP has to turn it around, Drouin has to be productive, and a playoff team has to have an "open" spot on a bad PP. There's just too many ifs to think it's likely but he's always been streaky and is currently on a streak of 6 points in 7 games and there's another 20 games before the TDL so it could happen, I just wouldn't bet on it.
Jonathan Drouin was an exceptional jr player unfortunately that talent didn’t translate into NHL success. I was thinking last night we had PK & Sergachev, two outstanding NHL D that we have turned into Dadonov & maybe a late round pick.
And remember this Sergachev is only 24 years old, Drouin 27.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I sure hope they extend him, kid is a gem. I’m sure it would take quite an offer to be even tempted to rid of him — and it better be to the other conference.
He hasn't scored a goal in a calendar year, and hasn't scored a PP goal in 3 calendar years...........and is a minus 5 on 5 guy his entire career...............I think we will be ok if he gets an offer from an eastern conference team!! LOL............

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
He hasn't scored a goal in a calendar year, and hasn't scored a PP goal in 3 calendar years...........and is a minus 5 on 5 guy his entire career...............I think we will be ok if he gets an offer from an eastern conference team!! LOL............
(Stick with the propaganda; the way it works is you keep repeating how this guy is worth at least a 1st at the deadline until everybody believes it)

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad