Hypothesis: This team can make the playoffs

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
As the season progresses, I think the team gets stronger. The key is to stay on the periphery of the playoff picture until then. .500 by Thanksgiving seems like the first plateau we should be aiming for. That's 6-4 over the next 10.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
If we were fully healthy I feel that we would make the playoffs pretty handidly 6-8 seed.

Would be huge for us to maybe sneak in there to get some free agents in here.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
No.

The only CON that really matters is this team's goaltending isn't nearly good enough to be a playoff a team, and that's with a healthy Robin Lehner.
This team healthy can Make playoffs with Lehner, they don't give up a lot of shots a game.

Helping the goaltending "issue"

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Magically unwind the McNabb trade, and I think Buffalo could make the playoffs.

It's just such an uphill battle with their LHD crop. And Bogo being injured makes it worse.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Magically unwind the McNabb trade, and I think Buffalo could make the playoffs.

It's just such an uphill battle with their LHD crop. And Bogo being injured makes it worse.

I agree. And if we could also undo the Raffi Torres trade and the Bob Corkum trade and the Joe Juneau trade we'd probably be a 2 or 3 seed. :sarcasm:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I agree. And if we could also undo the Raffi Torres trade and the Bob Corkum trade and the Joe Juneau trade we'd probably be a 2 or 3 seed. :sarcasm:

I'm not saying you live in the past, but there's been some changes around here ;)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
McNabb had to go through waivers last year...If he was on the team playing he may have cost us Eichel...

Then we'd be here talking about having both McNabb and Hanifin and which center could we possibly dream about using one of our D-men to get?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Then we'd be here talking about having both McNabb and Hanifin and which center could we possibly dream about using one of our D-men to get?

Just because McNabb is playing with Doughty doesn't make him a legit top pairing guy.

Doughty might be the only Dman who could make McNabb even resemble a top pairing guy.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the Atlantic Division just isn't that good right now. Tampa Bay is sitting in a playoff spot, 3rd in the Division with a .500 record.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the Atlantic Division just isn't that good right now. Tampa Bay is sitting in a playoff spot, 3rd in the Division with a .500 record.

I have said it before...The Atlantic isn't all that good.

Montreal has surprised me with their start. Tampa Bay I thought was the best team.

I think at least the 3rd spot in the division is up for grabs which guarentees a wild card spot.

If you look in the east..outside of Montreal, Rangers, Washington on one end and Toronto and Columbus on the other end every one else is within 5 points which is nothing at this point in the season.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
On a 4-1 streak, 3 points out of a spot.

This isn't a blind-homer-wishful-thinking kind of thing. One year out of last, this team has a shot to get in the dance.

Clock

May 13, 2006
On a 4-1 streak, 3 points out of a spot.

This isn't a blind-homer-wishful-thinking kind of thing. One year out of last, this team has a shot to get in the dance.

Beware the end-of-year slump...

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
full NHL season is full of ups and downs, this team will trend down again soon and we will see "hypothesis: all these guys are busts" then it will trend back up and someone will necro this thread, then it'll trend down and up and the schizos around here will go from the parade route to the edge of the skyway 10 times before the season is over

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
full NHL season is full of ups and downs, this team will trend down again soon and we will see "hypothesis: all these guys are busts" then it will trend back up and someone will necro this thread, then it'll trend down and up and the schizos around here will go from the parade route to the edge of the skyway 10 times before the season is over

Maybe right now is the trending down part of the year and we are about to trend up with a 10 game winning streak..

Probably not, but you can't just explain away good play with they are overachieving.. Maybe they are as good as we've seen them play the past 2 weeks..

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Post of the day :5:

So so true

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

So is that a yes or a no or just a "I hate you all"

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Great post.

I'd rather have this type of season over tank years, any day. Eichel, Ristolainen, and Reinhart are the light at the end of the tunnel. Gets brighter as the season goes along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad