Speculation: Hurricanes wanting to get "tough" this offseason?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
It makes sense for them.
While their forward core of Aho, Skinner, Lindholm, Teravainen, Rask are fast and skilled, they're not exactly big or strong

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What about Dustin Brown, LAK?

This season has been a nice bounce back with another $5.875M @ 4 years Cap Hit. Salary is doable as well $5.5M @ 2 years + $4.0M @ 2 years. He'll provide leadership, toughness and some skills. Needs to waive a modified NTC, but with the Seattle Expansion, could be had for very little; LAK get cap relief and can protect another player.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Will be interesting to say the least who they target. Cant imagine itd be a bad contract like lucic or Martin. Maybe theyre going hard after Simmonds?

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Number 1 Goalie and a top 6 Forward , they will have a good team . I still think they should take a run at JVR as a UFA he would play nice in their system hes great in front of the net and the canes D can feed him the puck / he can clean up all the juicy rebounds.

I don't think there will be any number 1 goalie as UFA / trade-able this season so you might have to take a run at someone underrated or in a back up position that deserve a shot
Lous domingue , Aaron dell , stands out to me

But who i think would be really good to try and target would be Philipp Grubauer , Holtby is in his prime so he will be their starter for a few more years . Grubauer deserve to be a number 1 i'd seriously take a run at him if your looking for a stater

So in a nutshell what i think will make monumental improvements for this team is , Sign JVR as a UFA Trade for Philipp Grubauer. I think these 2 acquisitions will make Canes a much better team

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Seems obvious to me and anyone willing to read between the lines that he's talking about Zach Bogosian.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Michael McCarron could probably be had for cheap. Nice reclamation project, low risk medium reward

I don't get the sense Montreal is ready to move on from him, I think they're still hoping he can be a Tom Wilson

Seems like 1C sort of needs to be addressed too no? Or did the Aho experiment work?

How are Canes fans feeling about the situation with this owner? This seems very Jerry Jones-esque to me and I don't really think that's a good thing

Last edited by a moderator:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If we can get rid of Darling, I am willing to take Lucic, anything to get rid of him
Lucic's contract is horrible. Would rather buyout Darling and pay him for another 6 years then take on Lucic's contract. 1 goal in 46 games while getting some time with Connor McDavid. Lucic is a huge "f*** no!" with me barring some unrealistic overpayment.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It makes sense for them.
While their forward core of Aho, Skinner, Lindholm, Teravainen, Rask are fast and skilled, they're not exactly big or strong

Those that watched the team play on a regular basis have seen and expressed frustration at their inability to get to the front of the net. Perhaps it's physical makeup or perhaps it's commitment, but that has to change. The Canes just aren't skilled enough to get by on skill alone.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Edmonton made a whole bunch of moves to focus on toughness or at least size (Larsson, Russell, Lucic, Reinhart, Strome, etc). How'd that turn out?

Carolina needs a goalie and probably an upgrade at C, neither of which have to do with toughness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad