Speculation: Hurricanes wanting to get "tough" this offseason?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We kinda have to know who's making those decisions for them before we can guess targets. Different GMs value players differently.

Reactions: DaveG

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I've listened to Dundon talk about the team at length and I'd guess he means "mental toughness" than rather than physicality. He is referencing the Canes abysmal record in Late January and Early February when they were finally in a Wildcard spot. Their 6 game losing streak where the effort was pitiful.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
I've listened to Dundon talk about the team at length and I'd guess he means "mental toughness" than rather than physicality. He is referencing the Canes abysmal record in Late January and Early February when they were finally in a Wildcard spot. Their 6 game losing streak where the effort was pitiful.

He said they needed to get bigger and stronger when talking about toughness.

Reactions: McDonald19

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
He said they needed to get bigger and stronger when talking about toughness.

They have said they want to get bigger and stronger on the wings. That is true. I am talking about this specific quote. Hence the part about:
"either the players have to be tougher or you bring in tougher players."

Would be hard for the current group to add inches and strength given their makeup. But it makes total sense that this group could build some mental fortitude with the right changes. Especially if their comments, questions, and concerns are addressed by Dundon personally during the Exit interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad