Waived: Hurricanes waive Marcus Kruger and Josh Jooris (cleared & assigned to AHL)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The Canes plan going into the season was to free Jordan Staal up a bit by placing some weight on Kruger's shoulders. It just never panned out. Kruger has been replacement-level all year to my eyes. Adds nothing offensively and wasn't good enough defensively to justify playing him against top lines.

Canes can't score goals lately and they have the #1 and #4 scorers in the AHL (Zykov and Foegele). They had to make this move to free up roster space.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
According to Cap Friendly his remaining cap is 980K, Pittsburgh has 1.35M remaining space currently. I am not saying to claim him, guy has 1 goal and 5 assists on the year... But he could fit. :laugh:

Probably wouldn't next year though. He still has another year at 3M on his contract, otherwise I'd assume you're right and someone would pick him up in hopes he'd turn it around.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Why Jooris? Has his game declined, or is he just not a fit? I always thought he was a decent bottom pair guy in Calgary.

Started out OK. 2 points in his last 23 games. Seems like he just lost the confidence of the coaches. They kept him as a healthy scratch after two disastrous games so it was safe to say the coaches didn't see him as part of the solution. I think he could still be a useful 4th liner somewhere.

Reactions: MinJaBen

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Why is Kruger taking so many O-zone starts for the Canes? Seems strange, he was always a guy who thrived on taking heavy D-zone starts and flipping the ice.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Carolina isn't hurting for cap space. The 600k difference is insignificant to the Canes. Something like that would make more sense in the off-season, after the Leafs pay Martin's bonus, when it becomes more of a lateral real salary swap.

We'll most likely be looking for a 4C anyway come deadline / off-season anyway.

Could be a nice way to get a fresh start for both players.

Maybe at the deadline we trade a low pick + Moore for Kruger, and in the off-season we trade Martin for a low pick. Similar to the Bernier trade.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
giphy.gif

This got old 5 years ago

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He was AHL caliber when he left the Hawks and I haven't seen much of a difference in my viewings this year.

He's a shot sponge, but can't do much else. There's some value in that I suppose for a PK starved team, but he still has another year after this one at 3M+

Is he still as good against the puck as he was in Chicago? Colorado could certainly use a great defensive 4C, and the team will have more questions about hitting the cap floor than the cap ceiling, so his 3M+ cap hit is a non-issue for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad