GDT: Hurricanes vs Washington: The Return of Birdman in Oviland

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
The only thing that really worries me about that game is how bad Svech is right now. Zero confidence, no speed and can’t shoot. There was really no reason to keep him out there for 3 minutes in OT. Long term he gets a pass because it is hard to come back from ACL surgery, but maybe relying on him right now is not the wisest strategy.
At least his shootout attempt hit the net

Reactions: WreckingCrew

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
5 games since last Saturday will cause a result like tonight + puck luck for caps and the usual ref BS (ie Aho in OT).

Canes play every 2 days until march 30th and then finally a 5 days break before final 7 games with naturally two of them back to back with one 3 day break during the 7 games.

Not a great way to end the season when you need to conserve for the playoff grind.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We'll likely need 2-3 goalies in the playoffs, so it doesn't matter much. But if Freddie is up to the load I'd lean towards him as well to begin. I love Koch but he's got a possibly higher ceiling but a lower floor in his play as well. I think Freddie's calm and steady play is the way to go for now. We'll see if that changes though.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
There's no way you watched this game and say there wasn't much bad tonight. Stupid penalties, poor defensive structure, poor goaltending. Only thing that was going well was our offense.
There is a way. 3 of their goals were bounces that led to the goal.

The first goal was a usual board play that hit the toe of the skate just right and went right to eventual goal scorer.

The Carlson goal took 2 bounces to go right to him for the shot.

Then the puck just hit necas right to go in.

Most penalties are stupid but we earned our chances at the pp but the refs were only calling the embellished ones. The difference in a stick lift and a high stick is a fraction of a second, it happens.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
There is a way. 3 of their goals were bounces that led to the goal.

The first goal was a usual board play that hit the toe of the skate just right and went right to eventual goal scorer.

The Carlson goal took 2 bounces to go right to him for the shot.

Then the puck just hit necas right to go in.

Most penalties are stupid but we earned our chances at the pp but the refs were only calling the embellished ones
I agree on those goals but canes were really sloppy in zone, etc and Pyotr was meh (first goal he was clueless and looked in the wrong direction). Not Canes best effort, in fact up there with west coast swing issues.

Last two games Canes played like crap (lol we miss Fast) but in my mind mostly explainable by schedule

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I agree on those goals but canes were really sloppy in zone, etc and Pyotr was meh (first goal he was clueless and looked in the wrong direction). Not Canes best effort, in fact up there with west coast swing issues.

Last two games Canes played like crap (lol we miss Fast) but in my mind mostly explainable by schedule
He sees the puck getting hit one direction so he looks that direction. Pretty standard. It took an absolute perfect deflection to end up the way it did.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know if it's suspension worthy, but that was a fairly cheap or dirty move by Kochetkov upon review. I don't know that I'd consider it a true kick but more of a leg whip trip kinda think, but it could have been dangerous.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2