GDT: Hurricanes vs Washington: The Return of Birdman in Oviland

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Stats don’t agree with either point and neither does my eye. They have allowed plenty of chances against as they dont back check regularly and their offense is on the outside. They have looked really dangerous dangling the puck 40 feet away. I chalk Kuzy’s laziness on defense due to lack of conditioning for niw but he looks like normal Kuzy to me
I think Kuzy is a shell of who he was, he’s been to players assistance and kicked off a team that loved him. He’s still more than good enough to play for us, but he doesn’t need sheltering and if he does don’t play him. He knows how to play defense, he’s regularly been deep in his zone helping the defense out.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think Kuzy is a shell of who he was, he’s been to players assistance and kicked off a team that loved him. He’s still more than good enough to play for us, but he doesn’t need sheltering and if he does don’t play him. He knows how to play defense, he’s regularly been deep in his zone helping the defense out.

I buy this, but his brand of defense (and forechecking) is so starkly different from the RBA Way that it pops off the screen a bit in a way that could definitely be interpreted as laziness/not playing defense/etc.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I buy this, but his brand of defense (and forechecking) is so starkly different from the RBA Way that it pops off the screen a bit in a way that could definitely be interpreted as laziness/not playing defense/etc.
I’ve seen Kuzy finish his checks more than many of our forwards. To me that’s a sign of effort. I think he’s mostly out of shape, there’s no way he isn’t. He makes some choices that appear maybe lazy. I’m not defending him, when he made that awful line change last week I called him out as hard as anyone. This is morphing into a conversation that feels like a result of yesterdays conversation more than the one it is.

I think Svech should stay on the second line. We’re talking about that not talking about Kuzy really. I think Svech is pretty solid defensively so if the issue is defense moving him away from the other two doesn’t really help.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
I’ve seen Kuzy finish his checks more than many of our forwards. To me that’s a sign of effort. I think he’s mostly out of shape, there’s no way he isn’t. He makes some choices that appear maybe lazy. I’m not defending him, when he made that awful line change last week I called him out as hard as anyone. This is morphing into a conversation that feels like a result of yesterdays conversation more than the one it is.

I think Svech should stay on the second line. We’re talking about that not talking about Kuzy really. I think Svech is pretty solid defensively so if the issue is defense moving him away from the other two doesn’t really help.
agree with your observations. I like the 2nd line as currently constructed. between svech and necas, we have two guys who like to carry the puck which allows Kuzy to float a bit. He's not in RBA shape yet.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Kuzy looks lazy because he isn't in shape enough to play the mins we are asking him to play every night. And worse than that we are playing a ridiculous number of games in a short time period.

The good news is, he's going to be great for the playoffs despite the struggles now.

And yes, go GAJ-SKN on the first 2 lines. Put Turbo with Staal and Martinook and that could be a PITA line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad