Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Roland McKeown is staying up? With 8 Games Played already this season and two more coming up, it looks like he too like Zykov is getting his 10 Games and possibly his Games Played bonus of $157.500.

It would make sense; Canes seem to employ the Games Played bonuses a plenty in their ELCs. Gotta make some do of them.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Google translate called him Turbo Necas. Better watch out and make sure that neither he nor Teravainen suddenly show up with swords to camp. There can be only one.
images

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Roland McKeown is staying up? With 8 Games Played already this season and two more coming up, it looks like he too like Zykov is getting his 10 Games and possibly his Games Played bonus of $157.500.

It would make sense; Canes seem to employ the Games Played bonuses a plenty in their ELCs. Gotta make some do of them.

Add those numbers together and you could hire our next GM :sarcasm:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Do you think that if Brno loses tonight (I think they are out if they lose tonight?) that Necas will be on a place to the Checkers for the playoff push?

Brno is up 3-0 in the series. If they win today then they are in the Finals. Looks like they are currently down 0-2 with 5 minutes left in the 2nd.

I would hope to see Necas in the Checkers' Playoff run if he gets done soon enough. Will probably just depend on how he feels.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Do you think that if Brno loses tonight (I think they are out if they lose tonight?) that Necas will be on a place to the Checkers for the playoff push?

Kometa Brno is up 3-0 in their semifinal against Plzen. They’re not getting knocked out any time soon.

Edit: was beaten to it by the time I hit post.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
Maybe he is also a possible candidate to play for Czech Republic at the World Championship, and that would be fun too.

I think that he has good chance to make the team. He was mentioned as possible candidate for Olympics and now many of the more experienced players declined/are injured and it seems most of the Czech NHL players will make playoffs....also Kaut is already playing some preparation games with NT, and I think they'll try to reunite them to see what they can do together.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Yep, I would be disappointed if he doesn't make the team. The coach has already suggested he wants to go with a younger team than in the past, even mentioned Zadina as a possible call-up. Nečas' speed and creativity would be a big asset even on the international stage. The only things that can be held against him are physical play (he looks a lot bigger than a year ago but still rather lanky) and a somewhat unrefined play in his own end.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
the only thing of concern for me about necas is that he only played in 40 games this season. it would be great to see him get some reps at the world championships. that was one of the tournaments that really elevated aho.
I actually don't take only playing 40 games as a negative for him. With the way he's grown a bit (was 6'1 at draft time and looked more like 6'3 at training camp) a more NCAA style schedule is a better idea for him IMHO. Better for off-ice training and growing in to their body but that's just my opinion on the matter. I tend to prefer the NCAA style development system.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Morgan Geekie’s meteoric rise from not being drafted in his first draft year is pretty amazing. I was previously under the impression that he was undersized (5’10”-ish), but he’s 6’2”.

But I’m sure he’ll be viewed as another of Francis’ draft failures, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad