Hurricanes Off Season Thread: When Tlusty doesn't score 40, who will be to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
Me. Want. Hal. Gill.

Gill is like a bigger, slower, but overall better Bryan Allen.

Would fit the Canes needs just fine, doubt they pick him up on waivers but if he clears there is a good chance he'd be put on re-entry or buyout waivers... Canes might be interested then.

Although knowing JR, he will want to give up at least one decent asset (Biega or Levi maybe?) and send them back Westgarth as a Cap dump.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
They're pretty lazy with a lot of the names. They give Swedes and Finns appropriate names, but not Norwegians.

They give Czechs and Slovaks appropriate names, but not Croatian's or Slovene's

They give Germans and Swiss appropriate names, but not Austrians.

etc.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Michael Sauer was not extended a QO by New York. So weird how they went from being stacked with depth to being devastated by injuries back there between Sauer and Staal. If Sauer can pass a physical he might be worth a look see.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Michael Sauer was not extended a QO by New York. So weird how they went from being stacked with depth to being devastated by injuries back there between Sauer and Staal. If Sauer can pass a physical he might be worth a look see.

He's not even close from I read. Sound like they would qualify him if they thought he had a chance of coming back. Letting him go is pretty ominous. Hasn't played since 2011 and may not ever again.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Hal Gill, please!

Our roster is fairly young and could use a grizzled veteran. This guy is near the end, but he's got another year or two left in him and surely has a lot of wisdom to impart on our 27-30 year old defensive corps. Besides, we could benefit from having another defensive-minded guy. He's only slated to make $2m - seems like he's worth a shot to me.

Last edited:

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
http://www.canescountry.com/2013/7/2/4485390/does-carolina-maximize-draft-picks

Great article that touches on some of our discussions over the weekend. How we waste picks, and examples when we did it and the reasons. Jr should be held accountable overall no dubt, I've always hated how he does this.

I still stand behind the sekera trade overall, it was needed. Questionable decisions previously made put us in the position to be exasperated that such moves are needed.

This is article is EXACTLY what I have been screaming about! Jim GD Rutherford has no clue how to build a system and needlessly tosses in picks and prospects for no mother ****ing reason! The article doesn't even mention the Alt debacle, which is now even more magnified since we didn't even quality Pither. Ridiculous.

Someone please forward this to JR's inbox. He has been held unaccountable forever and it is getting ridiculous how he mismanages the assets of this franchise. And if Francis is taking his GM training tips from JR's teachings then we are screwed for countless more years.

Caniac125330

Jul 13, 2011
North Carolina
This is article is EXACTLY what I have been screaming about! Jim GD Rutherford has no clue how to build a system and needlessly tosses in picks and prospects for no mother ****ing reason! The article doesn't even mention the Alt debacle, which is now even more magnified since we didn't even quality Pither. Ridiculous.

Someone please forward this to JR's inbox. He has been held unaccountable forever and it is getting ridiculous how he mismanages the assets of this franchise. And if Francis is taking his GM training tips from JR's teachings then we are screwed for countless more years.

Something I've been meaning to share on here for a while is that Jason Karmanos is the next GM, not Francis. I go to school with Ron's son.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Meh. He points out that McBain could have been bought out and Buffalo could have thrown in a pick. They're rebuilding...why would they do that? Why would the Canes do that when they're nearish the cap themselves?

This draft would not solve those questions about next year that he poses at the end.

I don't disagree with his overall point, but I definitely disagree with how he makes it.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
As hard as it is to believe, I think McBain was actually a piece of value in that trade.

At the very least I seriously doubt he would have made it through waivers if the Canes wanted to give him up for free. Even Boychuk got claimed.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Never going to happen for several reasons, but I'm curious if the value is there. I could see us having to add a little bit.

:canes
Seth Jones

:nashville
Jordan Staal

They'd get a top line center, we'd get a potential #1 D. They get someone with a guaranteed contract for 10 years, we'd get someone with 3 cost-controlled years. It'd open up a big old hole in our top 6 and it'd probably piss off our captain and 99% of the FB page. Just curious.

bluedevil58*

I really don't know where to begin. I'm sick and tired of losing. Looking at what we currently have and we all know it's likely to know change. Here is what I foresee happening>

1. Our bottom 6 will not be able to score. relying on Dalpe, Bowman, Nash, Terry, and Boychuck to score.... We're in big trouble people.

2. Our top 6 will be shut down.

3. Our backup goalie will not be able to win us any games.

4. More injuries will happen due to us facing bigger and more physical teams.

5. Us all being bitter come December.

I just don't see it happening. The worst part is that we lack the cap room to do any reasonable signings. I can almost gauruntee it;s going to be another one of those JR experiment/bargain type of deals that almost never work out.

At this point, I am all for buying out/putting our bottom 6 on waivers with the exception of Dwyer and then going on to sign big players that can hit and try to establish a fore check. I just think we're in big trouble guys. I am not feeling very good about this team.....

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I really don't know where to begin. I'm sick and tired of losing. Looking at what we currently have and we all know it's likely to know change. Here is what I foresee happening>

1. Our bottom 6 will not be able to score. relying on Dalpe, Bowman, Nash, Terry, and Boychuck to score.... We're in big trouble people.

2. Our top 6 will be shut down.

3. Our backup goalie will not be able to win us any games.

4. More injuries will happen due to us facing bigger and more physical teams.

5. Us all being bitter come December.

I just don't see it happening. The worst part is that we lack the cap room to do any reasonable signings. I can almost gauruntee it;s going to be another one of those JR experiment/bargain type of deals that almost never work out.

At this point, I am all for buying out/putting our bottom 6 on waivers with the exception of Dwyer and then going on to sign big players that can hit and try to establish a fore check. I just think we're in big trouble guys. I am not feeling very good about this team.....

Well yeah if you believe that neither the top 6 or bottom 6 will be able to score I guess they're ****ed.....

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Well yeah if you believe that neither the top 6 or bottom 6 will be able to score I guess they're ****ed.....

I'm just hoping we don't encounter injuries like we did this year in bunches. Remember we were doing great until Ward got injured. Our defense was pretty horrific all year, but I'm hoping a few deals occur this offseason until I hear JR say those infamous words "we like our group". Offensively, I think we are ok. I really don't see much reason to fret/act like they are going to spiral again this year (I guess I'm a little more optimistic). We will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad