OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXVII: A Yellow Fog Descends Over Raleigh (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Now what nonsense is this "You may also like" smartfeed crap at the bottom of the page pushing the link to the F26 mainpage a full mobile screen's worth downwards,

and where is my sponsor option for ad free, smartfeed free theme?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
That Minnesota hockey story isn’t quite as bad as this one. It didn’t belong in the hockey thread. Y’all seen this one?

Magically the other team’s book had extra points after the first conversation. Even caught on camera and nothing is being done about it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wholesome Giraffe Content Of The Day:
FB_IMG_1647854514107.jpg

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We were mimicking animal sounds when my 3-year-old asked us what giraffes say. We couldn't answer.

Paging @sabremike to the rescue
That was actually a question in a Finnish quiz show like thingy a number of years back.

The guy went by the famous Finnish song "Onomatopoetic liquer store" where giraffe says öri-öri-öri, and it was close enough to the actual grassy raspy sound that giraffe makes.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
That was actually a question in a Finnish quiz show like thingy a number of years back.

The guy went by the famous Finnish song "Onomatopoetic liquer store" where giraffe says öri-öri-öri, and it was close enough to the actual grassy raspy sound that giraffe makes.

So giraffes speak in drunk Finnish? Why not.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Debate: Should vampires be canonically changed to be more like mosquitoes? That is, only females drink blood, while the males drink nectar and tree sap.

This would naturally change the imagery associated with vampires, most notably the males. While the lady vamps would keep the traditional gothic aesthetic, the males would take on a more woodsy or natural aesthetic. In other words, vampire couples could be goth lady and a lumberjack.

I'm in favor of this change.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Debate: Should vampires be canonically changed to be more like mosquitoes? That is, only females drink blood, while the males drink nectar and tree sap.

This would naturally change the imagery associated with vampires, most notably the males. While the lady vamps would keep the traditional gothic aesthetic, the males would take on a more woodsy or natural aesthetic. In other words, vampire couples could be goth lady and a lumberjack.

I'm in favor of this change.
What the hell did you smoke last night?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
No to hipster vampires. Classical Dracula vampire is a man from foreign land who come to try and prick your ladies and needs to be staked and decapitated for it. I can see no reason why this image should be changed.
What if he tries but can never seal the deal? Like just not charismatic at all and respects personal boundaries?

Reactions: MinJaBen

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What the hell did you smoke last night?

You don't want to debate changing the accepted canon of mythological creatures? Another example:

Centaurs are generally thought of mammalian beasts with a torso and head of a man and the body of a horse.

First, they have 6 limbs, so they should be classified as insects, not mammals. Second, what if the centaur itself was just the horse part?

Going off the insect idea, the horse "half" is a parasitic creature. Where the half ends, there's a gaping mouth that consumes the corpses of other creatures. It uses the corpse as a sort of a puppet to lure other victims closer to it.

Reactions: MinJaBen and Lempo

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Centaur is a headless horse biscione!?
220px-Visconti.svg.png

Eat your hear out, Sleepy Hollow.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
You don't want to debate changing the accepted canon of mythological creatures? Another example:

Centaurs are generally thought of mammalian beasts with a torso and head of a man and the body of a horse.

First, they have 6 limbs, so they should be classified as insects, not mammals. Second, what if the centaur itself was just the horse part?

Going off the insect idea, the horse "half" is a parasitic creature. Where the half ends, there's a gaping mouth that consumes the corpses of other creatures. It uses the corpse as a sort of a puppet to lure other victims closer to it.
Not what I was saying at all, just usually to have these kinds of conversations you generally need a little um help to get into that frame of mind!

Reactions: hockeynjune

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Not what I was saying at all, just usually to have these kinds of conversations you generally need a little um help to get into that frame of mind!
Also your insect theory doesnt hold up.

Not anthropods
No exoskeleton
No 3 part body
No compound eyes
and No antenna.

While I like your thought process you projected a little too much to stretch a Centaur into an insect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad