OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXVII: A Yellow Fog Descends Over Raleigh (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
This might be a good opportunity for your kids to interact with some Canes. Or for you to use your kids as a way for you to interact with some Canes, lol.

The Carolina Hurricanes community team will be on-site at Marbles Kids Museum on Wednesday to get your kids hockey ready!

Members of the community team will be teaching skills and sharing training regiments at the museum from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Kids can test their slap shots and try on hockey gear during this special event.

There is no extra charge for this experience, it is included with your regular museum admission.

Edit: just realized it says "the Carolina Hurricanes community team". Does that typically include any of the players?

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
tG2iGK1_d.webp

Greetings from Norway!!!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I once had a fraud detection trip because someone in Anthem (suburb of Phoenix) was running my card at a Jack in the Box and a Walmart while I had used my card at another place on my side of town within a few minutes of that. Gussed the algorithm knew I couldn't be in two places at once.
I got a call from my bank once because my card had been used to buy gas and donate towards a charity. Both were me. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the thief that steals a card and uses it to give to a charity.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I got a call from my bank once because my card had been used to buy gas and donate towards a charity. Both were me. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the thief that steals a card and uses it to give to a charity.

That's kind of funny. A friend of mine got call about fraud one time that someone was using their credit card and had rung up large charges on golf clubs, wine and a new TV. She just assumed that was her husband because she completely expected that he'd be spending money on those things so she told the credit card company it probably wasn't fraud. Wasn't until a few hours later when she confronted her husband about his spending spree did she realize it was fraud. ha ha.

Reactions: geehaad and Socks

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Once had my card shut down on a road trip because they noticed I was spending money on gas and fast food in an area I don’t usually do so.

Spent 15 minutes outside of a gas station on the phone with my bank explaining to them “nope, just driving to Florida, can you please turn my card back on so I can put more gas in my car?”

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Once had my card shut down on a road trip because they noticed I was spending money on gas and fast food in an area I don’t usually do so.

Spent 15 minutes outside of a gas station on the phone with my bank explaining to them “nope, just driving to Florida, can you please turn my card back on so I can put more gas in my car?”
My family came to visit and we went to Charleston for a few days. My poor dad had that happen so many times. He kept having to call the bank and beg them to let him pay for dinner.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
For all you Durham folks (or anybody interested in traveling to Durham) looking for something to do on Saturday, there's an ongoing arts, crafts, and other cool stuff market held in West Durham. It's on Iredell Street in between 9th St. and Broad St. just down from the Whole Foods market. Lots of cool stuff, usually some live music (often even pretty good), and occasionally a food truck or two. It's call the Flart Market. I'll try and attach the flyer here. Bit of a shameless plug because my wife runs ArtPost, a great little art supplies market.
Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.37.08 AM.png

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City

I always let my CC company know when I'm travelling, especially abroad. Once in Jamaica friends we were with had to borrow from me as their 2 CCs shut them down...

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I feel like I know a lot more about you all of the sudden, despite the fact that I already knew where you grew up, man.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
I’m getting ads both in browser and on mobile. Also, I can only reply on mobile…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad