Hurricanes Lounge XXVII: BURN THE NEW SERVERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You run the risk that she knows exactly what you are doing, and will bring it up in the middle of an argument you are on the right side of.

Something to the effect of “at least I don’t cheat at ****ing Yahtzee you sociopath!”

Ohhhhhhh. Yes, this is exactly what will happen. You're playing Yahtzee; she's playing Relationship Poker.

You are so f***ed.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
You run the risk that she knows exactly what you are doing, and will bring it up in the middle of an argument you are on the right side of.

Something to the effect of “at least I don’t cheat at ****ing Yahtzee you sociopath!”
This is the PG-rated version of the "premature ejaculator!" retort in that bit by Chappelle.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-welles.gif

I applaud you all for legitimately making me laugh out loud.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
went through 2 interviews for a new job that is a bit out of my comfort zone, but offered good development potential and benefits. turned it down this morning because it didn't feel right. and now I've spent all day beating myself up about it. I wish the emotional part of my brain would shut up and listen to the logical part that made the decision last night.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
went through 2 interviews for a new job that is a bit out of my comfort zone, but offered good development potential and benefits. turned it down this morning because it didn't feel right. and now I've spent all day beating myself up about it. I wish the emotional part of my brain would shut up and listen to the logical part that made the decision last night.

By “out of your comfort zone” do you mean in an area you don’t necessarily want to be in?

Or it’s a job higher up in the org chart/with more responsibility than you’re comfortable taking on at this point in your career?

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
By “out of your comfort zone” do you mean in an area you don’t necessarily want to be in?

Or it’s a job higher up in the org chart/with more responsibility than you’re comfortable taking on at this point in your career?
in a completely different sector that I am not in a hurry to work in at all, therefore only wanted to entertain the 'perfect fit' kind of gig, which this wasn't

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
in a completely different sector that I am not in a hurry to work in at all, therefore only wanted to entertain the 'perfect fit' kind of gig, which this wasn't

Well in that case of course it’s the right choice. Not the sector you want, they better make you an “offer you can’t refuse” (whether that be salary, role, benefits, all of the above, etc.)

Sometimes the wrong move is the wrong move. Sounds like you made the right call in identifying that.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I got a phone call yesterday. I had applied for a new(ish) job (same company, different section) and gone through interviews. My future boss congratulated me and told me I got it. Financially it's not better than what I have been doing now, but it is a permanent position and I can do something I actually like with massively decreased stress levels and somewhat reasonable work hours. I may lose some cash now but I expect substantial savings in medicals in forthcoming years. And now I might finally have time to use my tools and do more renovations, which have been halted for like 2 years due to insane amount of work hours.

Now I'm waiting for my current boss to show up at work so I can tell him. I'm not all agog about that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad