Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
About 1" to 2" here at Casa GP.

15895205_10103936194651279_652892212095207711_n.jpg

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Looking east right by Angus Barn and the 540 ramp.

gttrImm.jpg

Brewery is literally the next light up from there in an industrial park.
I was so proud when this became viral nationwide haha... I was like, "I LIVE A MILE FROM THERE!!!"

Damn I miss Brier Creek. And Raleigh in general. I'll be back someday...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Fayetteville seems like one of those places where no one really wants to move to, they do so because the job or the military requires it. The minute Raleigh or Durham or Greensboro or Charlotte call, they're out the door in a heartbeat.

Having been there a couple of times, that was the impression I got and I can't say I blame them. At least it's better than Rocky Mount.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Anyone here a Chess.com regular?

I'm ~1300 blitz player, not great, but if anyone wants to play me sometime hit me up, my username is jgusta21.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i got stuck in laguardia forever because of this ice trying to get back from vermont

literally the worst airport in the entire country to get stuck at overnight

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yep. I typically play unrated in blitz and bullet though so if you're looking for someone to farm points off I'm probably not the best bet.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
i got stuck in laguardia forever because of this ice trying to get back from vermont

literally the worst airport in the entire country to get stuck at overnight

Dulles is pretty awful too. Nearly got stuck there during some severe weather a few years back. Everything closed at 9 and the best dining option was TGI Friday's. Which terminal at Laguardia were you stuck in?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Dulles is pretty awful too. Nearly got stuck there during some severe weather a few years back. Everything closed at 9 and the best dining option was TGI Friday's. Which terminal at Laguardia were you stuck in?

you can only stay overnight in terminal B outside security

there are a lot of homeless people in terminal B outside of security after 9:30ish

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
LaGuardia sucks. The sad thing is JFK and Newark are apparently not much better. I barely remember JFK other than my dad mumbling how much he hated flying in and out of there :laugh:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i flew through JFK on the way to jamaica a couple months ago and it was very pleasant

that was on jetblue, though which was just terrific all around... we flew delta this trip and i was not impressed. total clownshow from the time we bought tickets in july until this final rerouted flight

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
That's funny because in my experience Delta is far and away the best airline I've ever flown.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not for me. I've had good and bad experiences with just about every airline I've ever flown with but with Delta the bad outweighs the good more than any other airline.

Especially when making connections in Atlanta.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
They're a rotating ****show of awfulness. I hate all of them, but which one I hate most is usually a function of which one I flew last.

(Which means the one I hate most currently is Delta. **** Delta.)

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Fayetteville seems like one of those places where no one really wants to move to, they do so because the job or the military requires it. The minute Raleigh or Durham or Greensboro or Charlotte call, they're out the door in a heartbeat.

Having been there a couple of times, that was the impression I got and I can't say I blame them. At least it's better than Rocky Mount.
Nailed it. 2016 sent me here... sigh. Never thought I'd be back, but here we are.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
i flew through JFK on the way to jamaica a couple months ago and it was very pleasant

that was on jetblue, though which was just terrific all around... we flew delta this trip and i was not impressed. total clownshow from the time we bought tickets in july until this final rerouted flight

JetBlue's terminal at Kennedy is pretty nice, especially compared to the hole they had a few years ago that was basically temporary construction trailers cobbled together. IMO Newark depends on which terminal you're in, Kennedy's not awful (aside from getting from there to Manhattan), and LaGuardia's also a diceroll depending on the terminal. If you're in Terminal C or D it's not bad. If you're in the Central Terminal Building (Terminal B) it's awful.

This is why when I used to have to go to NYC regularly I'd take Amtrak.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Not for me. I've had good and bad experiences with just about every airline I've ever flown with but with Delta the bad outweighs the good more than any other airline.

Especially when making connections in Atlanta.

Again, it's so funny how experiences can differ. I don't think I've ever missed a connection in Atlanta. Probably go thru there 25-30 times/year.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I haven't flown Delta often in recent years, mainly American for where I go. Never any real problems with Delta when I did fly them. Only time I remember getting stuck in Atlanta was due to weather, nothing Delta could control. I think I read they have (or soon will have) a direct flight to Austin so maybe will be flying them in the near future. American's been pretty good, just a few problems for me. I think they went downhill a bit when they merged with / bought out USAir. The NY airports (and many of the older US airports), in general are dumps compared to much of the US, and especially much of the rest of the world.

For those that don't enjoy the seating arrangements on Southwest, you should have been around when People's Express existed. I lived in Philly back then and flew them out of Newark a few times. It was like boarding a bus. You board, grab a seat, and then pay for your seat in cash on the flight. :laugh: Was a cheap flight back then, but it was nuts. Back then, they were the only (and 1st I think) airline to charge for checked bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce