OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXI: Cinco de Mayo edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
TIL the subreddit r/trees is about marijuana, while the subreddit r/marijuanaenthusiats is about trees. Likewise, the subreddit r/potatosalad is just pictures of John Cena. The subreddit r/johncena is just pictures of potato salad.

Any guesses on what's in the subreddit r/superbowl?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
TIL the subreddit r/trees is about marijuana, while the subreddit r/marijuanaenthusiats is about trees. Likewise, the subreddit r/potatosalad is just pictures of John Cena. The subreddit r/johncena is just pictures of potato salad.

Any guesses on what's in the subreddit r/superbowl?

Giant bowls of salad?

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
The Amazing Spider-Man has a messed up ending. What kind of superhero movie has the good guy ignore the wishes of a dying man (who sacrificed himself to help the superhero) just to date the dying man's daughter.

Honestly, who read that script and decided that was the perfect way to end the movie?
What are you going to do... have Peter and Gwen just not be together for the second movie? You kind of figured they wouldn't stay broken up. And... if I had the chance to be Emma Stone's bae, there's no way I'm passing that up.

...although as it turns out, Peter should've listened to Captain Stacy.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Replacing a section of fence in the corner of my backyard. In between my shed and raspberry plants.

I am not arachnaphobic, but man, there are some freakishly large spiders back here...

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
yes but i don't know a damn thing about them. i just stay around $10 and then enjoy.

Tonight I am enjoying a Java by Drew Estate.

It's a Maduro (Dark Leaf, next to last), shape Robusto (also size 5 1/2" and 50 gauge (64 gauge is 1" diameter), and medium to full flavor, Nicaragua tobacco, has a bit of spice flavor and a hint of cocoa / coffee flavor.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Back when we were discussing the complexity of baseball vs. football, I brought up the complexity of the NFL playbook and reacting on the fly that football requires. I'm not bringing this up to rehash that argument, as we've pretty much beaten that dead, but came across this article and thought it would be interesting to post. It talks about how, for each play, the QB and players on the line have to read and make play/coverage calls, sometimes switch up plays/coverage multiple times per play and all the players have to adjust accordingly, all within about 18 seconds. This doesn't even get into a lot of the reads / non-verbal stuff that receivers and a QB do as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...how-aaron-rodgers-packers-call-plays-pre-snap

On top of that, now with all the microphones the NFL uses, teams have to have tons of "dummy" (65%) calls that have to change every week because opposing teams study that audio.

I found it an interesting read. It also shows why guys who might be fantastic college QBs never make it in the pros even if they have all the physical tools. Without the mental ability, they just can't cut it.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Lol. So I canceled DirecTV awhile back, and now ATT (who I work for) bought DTV, and they are extending us their discount of free Ultimate Package, NFL Ticket, and free installation, only equipment fees. Lol.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
^receivers too. Rueben Randle has more talent than Victor Cruz, but that dumb SOB can't ever run the right route, and when he does he runs out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad