OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXI: Cinco de Mayo edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
90's team. Stockton and Malone were a terrific duo and you had the greatest player ever in Jordan denying them twice of a title. Then you have two guys in Barkley and Hakeem who were forces in their own right.

I'm actually watching game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals right now, it's easy to forget sometimes the Jazz were robbed of a 3 pointer that was waved off because of the shot clock but the shooter got it off in time. No replay back then. Had they won that game they probably would have won that series as Scottie Pippen got injured in game 6.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Something interesting going around twitter atm:

who would win this game?

I'll take the all 1990's team every day and twice on sunday, though the games would be amazing.

All 1990's Team:

PG: John Stockton
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Charles Barkley
PF: Karl Malone
C: Hakeem Olajuwon

All 2000's Team:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Interesting. If we are talking about these players in their primes, as a casual NBA fan, it would be tough. I'd have to go the the 90s team because of Jordan alone, but it's a tough, tough call.

Iverson is a better talent than Stockton, but Stockton played a much better team game and made others around him better so I'd give the edge to Stockton. I'd take a prime Jordan over a prime Kobe, but damn that is close.

But, LeBron over Barkley is a no brainer and personally, I'd take Duncan over Malone and Shaq over Hakeem as well.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Here's something to ponder, who would be the bench players on those teams?

90's I think would include Pippen, Drexler, Shaq(or does he get omitted for being in the 2000s?), Ewing, Robinson, Payton, and Miller.

00's would probably be Nash, Nowitzki, Carter, Wade, Howard, Anthony, Kidd, Garnett, Pierce, and one of Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, or Robert Horry. Give or take a few guys here.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Here's something to ponder, who would be the bench players on those teams?

90's I think would include Pippen, Drexler, Shaq(or does he get omitted for being in the 2000s?), Ewing, Robinson, Payton, and Miller.

00's would probably be Nash, Nowitzki, Carter, Wade, Howard, Anthony, Kidd, Garnett, Pierce, and one of Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, or Robert Horry. Give or take a few guys here.

tracy mcgrady

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Something interesting going around twitter atm:

who would win this game?

I'll take the all 1990's team every day and twice on sunday, though the games would be amazing.

All 1990's Team:

SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Charles Barkley
PF: Karl Malone
C: Hakeem Olajuwon

All 2000's Team:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaquille O'Neal

90's team would win. I suspect the 2000's team would win if you put a PG in who would be a better fit with Kobe and LeBron than AI. That trio would be a disaster in practice. Prime Nash would be ideal for that squad.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
90's team would win. I suspect the 2000's team would win if you put a PG in who would be a better fit with Kobe and LeBron than AI. That trio would be a disaster in practice. Prime Nash would be ideal for that squad.

My view as well. AI is a fantastic talent, but need a distributor in that role

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Definitely. A volume shooter like Iverson wouldn't mesh at all with Kobe and LeBron.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The Amazing Spider-Man has a messed up ending. What kind of superhero movie has the good guy ignore the wishes of a dying man (who sacrificed himself to help the superhero) just to date the dying man's daughter.

Honestly, who read that script and decided that was the perfect way to end the movie?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Another interesting idea, this one of my own volition. As someone who has played a ton of basketball over the years and is respectable at it and can still hold his own, but, like the typical white NBA player, was//is best known for shooting threes, passing and unnecessarily hard fouls :laugh:, I present to you, team All White 1990's vs Team All White 2000's

Team 1990's:

SG: Drazen Petrovic
SF: Chris Mullin
PF: Detlef Schrempf
C: Rik Smits
6: Mark Price
7: Arvydas Sabonis
8: Christian Laettner
9: Vlade Divac
10: Steve Kerr
11: Jeff Hornacek
12: Vinny Del Negro

Team 2000's

PG: Steve Nash
SG: J. J. Redick
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Marc Gasol
6: Dirk Nowitzki
7: Kyle Korver
8: David Lee
9: Chandler Parsons
10: Goran Dragic
11: Marcin Gortat
12: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Not sure how "amazing" this game would be, but it would be entertaining as **** to watch :laugh:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I got spooked by the spooky skeleton but did not send the spooky skeleton to 7 other people. Been nice knowing you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad