OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Seen a body hit by train during forensic medicine. Cross between jiggsaw puzzle and Lego building kit.
When i worked in clayton someone got hit by a train close to work. Hwy 70 ran parallel to the track near the spot where the guy got hit.

Fortunately, we couldn't see the aftermath from 70. But some cops (sheriff's deputies, iirc - this was just outside the city limits) were walking the half mile or so stretch that contained the remains. We rode by at the exact moment one of them turned away from the tracks and hurled his guts out in disgust. I hope i never see anything like what that dude saw that day.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Seen a body hit by train during forensic medicine. Cross between jiggsaw puzzle and Lego building kit.

I'll make this short and sweet. When I was taking driver's education at 15 I watched home video of a woman getting hit by a 70mph train, happened in Chicago in the early 90s. You can find this video on YouTube, it's pretty powerful and a good message to not mess around with trains.

P Diddy? Or P Didn't he?

I mean, innocent until proven guilty but he was buds with R Kelly, which is a different matter but falls under the umbrella of I'm not terribly surprised.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, I saw that he was fleeing the country, which innocent people generally don't do. Also, the feds typically don't start raiding until they're sure they're going to find something.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
P Diddy didnt kill himself.

The Diddler
20240325_221214.jpg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
On the subject of motorcycle accidents, I found out today that a department manager at my warehouse was riding his someplace and got into an accident. Apparently he broke several bones and will be in the hospital indefinitely.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Looks like the ship lost power and uncontrollably drifted into the pylon.

Unfortunately it does sound like there were at least a dozen vehicles still on the bridge at the time
the weird thing is it didn't drift like sideswipe into the pylon, it hit head-on...which you would think they saw it aiming at not-the-gap for minutes maybe? I guess the bridge is long enough they couldn't have gotten someone out there to block traffic/shut it down?

EDIT: Just saw an update where the ship issued a "mayday" and they were able to stop traffic from getting on the bridge but obviously not vehicles that had already entered...talk about shit timing for those folks

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
the weird thing is it didn't drift like sideswipe into the pylon, it hit head-on...which you would think they saw it aiming at not-the-gap for minutes maybe? I guess the bridge is long enough they couldn't have gotten someone out there to block traffic/shut it down?

EDIT: Just saw an update where the ship issued a "mayday" and they were able to stop traffic from getting on the bridge but obviously not vehicles that had already entered...talk about shit timing for those folks
Looked like from the smokestack she was hard under power . Probably trying to stop?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

It lost power twice. The first time they were able to regain control and started to turn it hard into the gap. but before they could straighten it out it lost power again, and by the time they restored it, it was on a direct collision course with the pylon with not enough time to correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00