Pre-Game Talk: Hurricane coming Tuesday 7 pm (Be prepared)

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
This is a tough one for me. In a vacuum I would take a top pairing defensemen over a first line winger every single time.

In reality though, we have 3 really good left handed Dman already with Chabot, Sanderson and Chychrun. This team also needs Tkachuk and he brings a lot more value around the franchise than either Hughes or Dahlin would in my opinion.

If I'm Andlauer I'm not considering trading Tkachuk at all. He's basically putting Ottawa on the map throughout the league and he's the Ottawa Senators brand at this point. You will sell a lot more Tkachuk jerseys league wide than either Hughes or Dahlin.

Tkachuk is a unique player and also a unique personality around the league. Legitimately a unicorn.
Ya I agree with this.

We already have Sanderson, and Tkachuk feels like he will be a playoff standout whenever he gets the chance. Plus the fights, the grit and the bromance he has going with Norris.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is a tough one for me. In a vacuum I would take a top pairing defensemen over a first line winger every single time.

In reality though, we have 3 really good left handed Dman already with Chabot, Sanderson and Chychrun. This team also needs Tkachuk and he brings a lot more value around the franchise than either Hughes or Dahlin would in my opinion.

If I'm Andlauer I'm not considering trading Tkachuk at all. He's basically putting Ottawa on the map throughout the league and he's the Ottawa Senators brand at this point. You will sell a lot more Tkachuk jerseys league wide than either Hughes or Dahlin.

Tkachuk is a unique player and also a unique personality around the league. Legitimately a unicorn.
Good answer . Tough question. I wonder what their relative trade value would be ... I'm sure none of the 3 are going anywhere

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

1702345305326.png

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Only package I would trade Tkachuk for is Ryder, Halak and a 2nd
Not too many guys left who play "old school" hockey.
In a future playoff round guys like Tkachuk are invaluable!
Size, strength, grit, determination, leadership, scoring, accountability etc.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Not too many guys left who play "old school" hockey.
In a future playoff round guys like Tkachuk are invaluable!
Size, strength, grit, determination, leadership, scoring, accountability etc.
That is very true which is why I'd only accept Ryder, Halak and a 2nd.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
To be fair, Quinn has likely rocketed his value up their list with his performance this season.
Perhaps, but the Canucks are firing on all offensive cylinders - I would expect their shooting percentage and their insane point totals to come down a bit. J.T Miller is on pace for 117 points.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What about Tkachuk for Dobson

6'4, 200lbs right shot D, 25 mins all situations a night, 27 points in 27 games.

Would be able to move one of Chabot/Chychrun and run with

Sanderson-Dobson
Chabot-Zub
xxx-xxx

Obviously completely hypothetical, as we are not going to be trading Tkachuk under any circumstance, but that's probably the best balanced blueline in the league

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What about Tkachuk for Dobson

6'4, 200lbs right shot D, 25 mins all situations a night, 27 points in 27 games.

Would be able to move one of Chabot/Chychrun and run with

Sanderson-Dobson
Chabot-Zub
xxx-xxx

Obviously completely hypothetical, as we are not going to be trading Tkachuk under any circumstance, but that's probably the best balanced blueline in the league
I'd go McAvoy over Dobson if I had to pick one.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I found it interesting that Sanderson and Powers were both behind L.Hughes. I feel like his stock has risen considerably.
Luke's? Not sure if its risen. He has had a lot of attention and expectations heaped on him. He's going to be good no doubt. I guess they are projecting some there.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Luke's? Not sure if its risen. He has had a lot of attention and expectations heaped on him. He's going to be good no doubt. I guess they are projecting some there.
I know he was very well regarded, but they have him ahead of a 1st OA, and a guy that many are saying would go 2nd OA in a redraft of a really strong draft.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Would you trade Tkachuk for Dahlin or Quinn Hughes?

At their salaries and with Ottawa already boasting Sanderson, Zub, Chabot and Chychrun, I won’t do it.

In a vacuum, Tkachuk is a legit first line power forward that are rare these days and are paramount during tight checking playoff games. He just checks too many boxes. But I would probably draft franchise defenceman Dahlin before Tkachuk if I was to build a base for a franchise. I prioritize 1C over any other positions, followed by 1RD. RWs over LWs. Choices that are somewhat tied to the supply chain. But Tkachuk would still be a close second.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Figures Brindamour tore a strip off his team last game, then players had the old players only meeting after,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad